Tuesday, August 30, 2016

What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate #2



                   I have a unique and difficult challenge. I am fighting mass trivia. In this era of novel distractions, writing for a general audience has become an exercise in mass marketing. Blogging takes my work into a durable storage, but it quickly looses it's immediate timely significance. My blogger tags my work by keywords in the topic sentence. Most of our interests are thus prioritized by accessibility and preference. If someone has something really important to say, does anyone get to hear it? Significance is attributable by an "Authoritation by Proxy." Someone else is supposed to give weight to your assertions for you. (Even the word "Authoritation" is not considered a word in English.) It's very normal for people to rely on others to tell us what is worth reading. Much "Interest Based Learning" is just curiosity, but there's nothing like word of mouth referrals to generate buzz about a new book, movie or art. Large corporations have huge advertising budgets. In this era of viral statements, sound bites and trending; there isn't a lot of available free attention. Art now days, more than ever has unavoidable business realities worked right into creative execution.

                   Generally, we're reading for or writing to a specific audience. I must edit, edit, edit. Rewriting, redrafting and re-editing is so important if I want to reach an unknown audience. A drive to self critique, can be an advantage. But, "Angles, Handles, Hooks, Gimmicks and Genera are the closest thing we have to tracking a literary work toward publication. Marketing, public relations, social networking and limited liability incorporation, are all inevitable responsibilities that go with any real success as a published author.

                   My work, although about the "Speculative Arts" like psychic reading, is not just a creative proposition. I am working in very unfamiliar esoteric areas. There has been far more misinformation about my craft than clear analysis on the tools and applications of psychic reading. Including my comparisons of other traditions and their disciplines have created open dialogues about all the other diagnostic sciences. It's never advisable to presume authority on an "Unknown." The best I'm able to do is to identify the areas of controversy, and to shape models we use to examine the predictable uncertainties. I myself don't buy into "Deterministic Prognostication." I believe that even when making predictions done correctly, that's not speculation anyways. I have tried to incorporate statistical mechanics to plot out elements of any workable probability matrix. Mapping out the categorical structure in any predictive model is always biased by a personal preferential indexing and selective reasoning. {As seen in the choice of predictive mediums, Tarot, Wall Street Journal, Astrological Chartings or even Fox News} What's a speculator to do? Basically "What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate." Let's fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?