Thursday, November 12, 2015

Anti Social Media & Our Needs for a Reintegration






                 
                 Almost all of my work to date has been about Sensitive Boundary Definitions. Inclusive, Exclusive or uncertain, we define ourselves by our self identifying boundary associations. Those before us have seen the results of identifying with these boundaries of distinction. Pro or Con, we are included or excluded. Social Boundaries are dynamic.

                  As the so called Psychic, (if such a thing exists) I model perfectly for this very sensitive process of mapping out interpersonal boundaries of identification. (My personal beliefs turn out to be totally unimportant.) I've said to my "X" secretary, "The best Cold Reading is when I tell someone, I am a professional psychic." This subject is so highly polarized by people's beliefs and biases that by just watching peoples responses, I get more raw data than I deserve. I also know exactly what to say and not to say. (And yes, it is possible to not have an opinion.) Whenever people question my moral or mental integrity, I respect their bias. And if someone is particularly vulnerable in a suggestible way, I choose to be sensitive to that extremity of human nature too. The actual analytics of mapping models used, though often potentially very  arbitrary, are not without their symbolic utility. The soul of the human psyche likes to be explored.

                   Yet I find it none too fascinating, that when challenged with these very functional boundaries of conflicting world view, most people are completely unable to understand the usefulness of the contrary, (and often complementary) opposing viewpoint. Dialectics account for these ongoing social systems dynamics. Let the games begin.

                   Social Identifications have proven absolutely critical to understanding behaviors shaped by conflicting personal biases in general. As we approach an unknown or an uncertainty, there is a kind of impasse experienced at the point we recognize our own personally limited understandings. The real limitations of personal biases and polarities, are not without function. The brain is a learning machine and is by necessity capable of rational disagreement. This ability to hold two or more mutually conflicting opinions, is a hallmark of maturity. Cognitive dissonance is that disquiet we experience when we step out of the familiar. As the Pro Psychic, I get to gently massage people's need for alternative perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?