Friday, August 21, 2020

Psychic Dependency Syndrome {Take II}

 


                  Everybody has some kind of "Sacred Wound." I take account of people's critical sensitivities. Much of the job of Soothsaying is getting people over unhealthy attachments. I'm never comfortable lying to people just to take their money. As so-called psychics, we are one or more of these following types of people:
1.) A true believer,
2.) A con artist, and or
3.) Even an actual real pain eater. (A Sensitive is what a Sensitive does.)
                  As this third type of psychic I often unintentionally make grown men cry, a lot. If I tried taking advantage of someone's good faith on purpose, I would never get away with it. Not ever. I believe one of the reasons men think I'm an idiotic self-deluding loser is their disgust. I share their sympathies. They are often just being very rationally narcissistic, like most religious types in general. They want to burn me at the stake too. My challenge is I much prefer working with these skeptics anyways, even with the snarky attitude. (There should be a twelve-step program for the treatment of "Acute Psychic Dependency Syndrome.")

                  Spiritualizing consultation services is often very inappropriate. Moral problems happen to psychics who believe in their own hype. It's just a job, not a license. Psychic Dependency is what happens to people who have certain kinds of trust issues. "Tell me what to do," or, "You're the best I've ever had." Or "How did you know?"  I chase away most of my clients by undercutting prices. When I don't charge, the psychic dependent client gets no payoff for giving control to me. (Compulsively going to psychics is another form of Gambling Addiction.) I don't need to lie to people. Any information I can provide for you, my customers, is usually academic. My creative guesswork, is just me being lyrical and funny. One of the worst things that can happen to a competent psychic is being right. Once I got a good reputation, I was a loaded gun. Just like a prostitute, the more I charged, the more people wanted my services.
                  The Mean Time to Failure (the Markov Method) is your best statistical test for measuring confidence in marketable consultation skills. You can't be right all the time. It's just common sense. Getting it right all the time is a very bad thing indeed. (Now I know most of you are probably thinking, "What's your problem stupid, just take the dang money already!") Social media calls my readers "followers." And that really creeps me out. I don't want the stress. All golden eggs are getting marked way down. Thank you for your patronage, please come again.
                  So, what's a society to do? Economists, Diagnosticians, Attorneys, Detectives, Intelligence Workers, Politicians, even Research Scientists all make money making credible predictions. Moral hazards abound in this world of consultation businesses. What happens to a society where the psychics end up being more ethical and trustworthy than are the experts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?