Sunday, April 21, 2013

True Ethics Are Never Private Property


       
         True Ethics Are Never Private Property                                                        April  21st,  2013

                      If you wonder why I have been belaboring this issue of Boundary Definitions by Opinion Bias,  it's because no where are our intuitive sensitivities more focused.   As a sensitive it is my job to understand others. This requires unbelievable style, subtlety and tact. (Style, subtlety and tact, not my words. More on my teacher later.)

                      I'm not interested in dwelling on my own indifference to opinion bias, everyone has bias and no one can be entirely free from bias. Nor should one expect that bias is a bad thing.  When we are presented with alternative perspectives we all experience shifts in focus, some good some not so much.  That is not to say that all opinions are equally right. Much to the contrary, sometimes our individual blind spots are reenforced by ignorance and stupidity. Notice I said, "our."  There is almost nothing more difficult than having to tell the truth under overwhelming opposition.

                      I strongly believe, and I do believe, that so as we have inherited a traditional moral code, I also believe we must consider ethics.  Without the review and analysis of the moral code we would never have acquired the means to confront the abuse of power. Nor would we have had the need to evolve a system of ethics that allows for personal differences and the conflicts that ensue.  

                      Understanding the larger issues of these differences of bias is the domain of the human dynamic.  Philosophy aside I would hope that I've given more than ample weight to the issues of bias, because this will be central to the mapping systems of this soft tech of reading people.

                      Can I be any more clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?