Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Recessively Recurrent Wisdoms


"Kali" by junemoon.com

I've spent my whole life studying ancient traditions. My teacher of the "Psychic Arts" when asked, "What do you believe in?' said, "I believe in the three fold Mother Goddess." "The White Goddess" by Robert Graves outlays contrarian poetic practices of oral and historic documentary. The remnants of Sappho for instance reveals her to be at the end of a highly advanced culture of female academics that stayed at home while men were militarized and left uneducated abroad. She was mistaken for a man hater through history although very famous in her own time. As much as I've always loved the libraries as a place of solace, I find myself wondering. Is the resurgence of "Transitioning" in bohemian communities like mine a response to the stupidity of gender binary identification barriers?

"Transitioning" as I used the term, refers to gender reassignment. Another odd but hopefully useful terminology shared by my teacher, was what he called "Esoteric Feminism." He'd say "The man must become the peacemaker as the woman is a warrior," healthy inevitable role reversal. He also added the Hindu adage that states, "Shiva without Shakti is a corpse." This often is paraphrased to mean that the subjectively masculine reason, without the Objective animating feminine force of life and reality is a dead proposition. My friends gloss departs from the proverb to say, "And Shakti without Shiva is a thug." If you met my sister you would see how this can sometimes be observed by comparing the end results of the inevitable need for role reversals and the switching of conventional polarities as codified by a dysfunctional patriarchal society. Also compare Coquille with Coquette from the Commedia del Arte, stock theatrical portrayals of characters with the platonic love of bardic tradition. These archetypes were the mainstay of even such radical performers as Charlie Chaplin, with his tramp giving flowers to the innocent but more affluent woman as a gesture of futile affection.

Wow, I sure as heck wasn't expecting that. I certainly agree Hinduism is as spiritually corrupted as any religion. The flowering of renaissance throughout history has had to deal with traditions of spiritual abuse. My attempts at highlighting moments of creative understanding may not be agreeable for you, but I'm still learning. As referenced through your "Massive Testosterone Induced Hallucinations." {I'ld also like to borrow this, it's good.} You maybe drawing the whole pretense of masculine objectivity into question, and you're challenge may be with my personal comfort level with subjectivity, and not my maleness. But hey, I'm getting allot from your engagement and I only hope I'm not being unfairly provocative in my review. I still want to thank you, this is gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?