Friday, November 14, 2014

More on the "Mutually Inclusive Negative Double Opinion Bias" # 2

                 
                   This six word term, "Mutually Inclusive Negative Double Opinion Bias" was first posted in 2009 as part of, "My Interview With A Psychic." <ppireadings.blogspot.com> Session #2. I was intending to describe the way people with conflicting opinions sometimes share popular prejudices for essentially the same reasons. Atheistic "Rational Positivists" like to think all Psychics are phony and dangerously deluded. Christians, Moslems and Jews often give me the same attitude for essentially the same reasons. Irony being, they often don't even see the commonality of their shared (though understandable,) prejudice. This is one of the things that turned me on to "Complementarity." If people who conflict, can share common illusions based on "Reasonable" objections, then how common is the need for diplomacy and tact when we must confront popular, but incorrect opinions.

                   My friend Bill, who interviewed me, once said "Do we tolerate intolerance?" The correct answer is always no! But I must also confess that in the case of the understandable doubts that most people can have about Psychics, it is largely a matter of debate that reflects changing cultural dynamics rather than just bigotry. If you read yesterdays repost on "Echo Imprinting" you saw my early clumsy attempt at explaining this core principle. It's actually a very apt concept about our latent intelligence, used for all the different identification variables that we are aware of, but often without our conscious knowing. The sound of a persons voice, the look of their eyes, their subtle distinctive smell, their style, movements and mannerisms, etc. When I'm looking at someones hands, signatures or doing massage therapy, that persons distinctiveness impresses itself into my consciousness, even without my intent. But I can't expect people to understand what I am actually doing as a Psychic that gives inside information about each and every person.

                    It is not surprising to me that I'm confronted with an understandable intolerance, coming from conflicting camps. It is a little redundant for me to make light of this but, this is essentially why I've made bringing this work to the general public my duty. I believe that if I am able to displace the naive prejudices that people have about psychics, I may also be able to make this more popular through writing a best seller. Such a high goal, though seemingly unrealistic, is not so far fetch when considering the ever shifting opinion biases in society. Doctors now days are far more curious about my work in diagnostics and healing.

                    I suspect my friends comment on "Session #2. if I catch his drift is to point out that much of the confusion about such strong opinions is that, just because something (Like Psychic Reading,) isn't always good, doesn't mean that it is always bad. This is why I always advocate for a little diplomacy when it comes to such controversial practices. I've used my best researching and analysis skills to help extricate this complex, historically significant subject from it's husk of dis-information.

1 comment:

  1. Mutually Inclusive Negative Double Opinion Bias Is the correction recommended from a friend's comment. Zero stipulated that the antagonistic bias against psychics, by people with mutually exclusive opinions is not a double negative. Christians and Atheists alike just like beating up on stupid psychics. (There are a lot of them.)

    ReplyDelete

Is there anybody out there?