Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Informational Cohesion and the Inevitable Viability of Persistent Truth {Edited for Clarity}



                             Today, it acceptable to speak ill of those outside your target audience, but not to criticize your fanbase. Mutual Magazine Culture is real. Instead of being the "Endlessly Circling Parade of Pink Elephants" with noses up the butts of the next one in front. We're more like the castrated donkeys who kick the face of the next one behind us. We are discouraged about healing the rift between the "Us" and the "them." But what about the them that are within us. Maybe my internal business man really hates people? Maybe I've been watching for those sudden drop offs in fickle readerships. I love people, but I am of two minds about this. It's easier for me to hate your money. It's always easier to hate the hater who we love to hate. But I don't hate the haters in you, in me, in us, or even in them.

                             Locked into your favorite social media newsfeed are we? I knew that when I wrote, "What would Google Ask" and How Google Started Programming Herself" I was writing fanciful Spiritual Fictions. But I also sensed what might be inevitable. Machines that are better prepared to design open ended bottom up non terminating learning procedures. Only Google's algorithms are showing any attempt at combing through everything I write and then responding, even if it's only to account for possible points of a fraction of a cent on clicks. Machines are learning? Are we?

                            Now we get to see what will heal the rift. Will it be a quick making up? Or will it be the continued slow passive indifference to the political freak show that is going down for your entertainment. You and I my proud readers are permanently biased. Your preferences are now not only the key marks of your avatar, but now you all have handles and tags by which we are all plied. We are all so easily offended in predictably bankable ways. You're not truthfully looking for the progressive answers. You've already made up your minds and your minds are being manipulated by an opposition that doesn't even resemble your supposed enemy. Instead of looking for answers that will be proven to solve and heal, you are still angry about your voiceless anonymity on the web. If we want to know the truth about who did it, we merely need to follow that digital trail of web slime that poisoned our national mind. (I checked directly.)

                           The harder question is, "How do we deprogram a schizophrenic nation?" So many of us think the grim ending is already deterministically written into law by evil shadow conspirators, and then there for is out of our hands. But then we do just keep reposting what someone else Memes. Memes will not save the world. But your stories do plant seeds of change. As much as Google Analytics tells me when you don't like what I'm writing, I have been right so far and if things continue in this way, this will all be over soon and we will still have to kiss and make up. I'm finding that being the Positive Annihilation Operator in a "Sea of Negativity" comes with the privilege of also being a web pariah. "There is no shame in being a pariah." Marge Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?