Friday, September 6, 2013

Love or Attachment



                         As we have been discussing boundary definitions in social identification, (as is central to "psychic reading,") we must come to this most volatile of all precipitating of factors. We are in fact defining the very entanglement of human destiny,  #4. "EVERYONE NEEDS LOVE."

                         You may find my writings confusing. Imagine how your clients feel. You may be able to read with precision. Your bullshit detector may be turned on high. But do you know love? Do you know how to distinguish love from attachment or know when they are the same thing? This is where knowing your own social barriers will keep you from confusing your clients. When you understand people, others often feel loved. When you can breeze your way through a checklist accounting for the indexing of copious information that may accurately reflect someones uniqueness, you are magical. And people will be enchanted. Yuck.

                         This is why I am using this odd narrative approach. I want you to feel the personal nature of this reading process first hand. I have few means of knowing whether my work is meeting it's target of, "Non-Falsifiability." Your engagement is the only feedback I accept. As a creative medium, your work will employ numerable tactics and strategies. Psychic Reading is a brain game. Do you have heart?

                        All my life, I have had that curse of blessings. The ability to understand others. Out of respect for people I've learned to avoid criticizing others whenever I can. There are more than enough diagnostic bombs in my tool box, that I should ever have to point at anyone. Those sharpest of tools I use only for delicate surgery, and mind you I have had to use most of them. I'm sorry if I may be getting a little off topic, (or maybe not.)

                        In one standard modern psychiatric model, love and attachment have come to be viewed as the same thing. Opposite to love, we would be seeing aggression as the will to independence. If we consider aggression is acquisition without permission this may be true. (Pay attention!) But by the confusing of love with attachment as the same thing, we risk negating a huge category of noble instincts that many aggressive thinkers would prefer to deny all together. What about; ALTRUISM, AGAPE', AHIMSA, DISPASSION, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, NON-VIOLENT RESISTANCE.

                        Nor do I share most people's grime outlook about the separate (conflicting,) nature of human consciousness. Love can be a transcendent phenomena. I do not buy into the popular paranoia of an apocalypse. Life may be suffering but "love is the law." Especially when we can do it without attachment. Loving unconditionally will not protect you. Even entanglement is unavoidable. But a loving nature will free you from the lust for results. In some ways, we could compare attachment as the necessary prerequisite for hating someone you once loved. This is why forgiveness is for the forgivers, and why some people do not deserve to be forgiven. But we can forgive others without absolving them of their culpability. "DO YOU KNOW LOVE?" If not, look at your own social barriers, and be gentle with your self. You may be in a lot of pain and it is very obvious, I don't think anyone likes the stink of failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?