Monday, September 2, 2013

Social Algebra



                         Understanding the subtle interplay between people, "Social Algebra" is a way of accounting for interactive emotional resources. In math we have the concept of the conjugate, it is the complementary joining opposite. As compact boundary definitions, conjugates can be used to define the joint emotional interplay. The exercise is one of optimization. We have emotional limits to how much emotional energy one can expend before returning diminishing rewards.

                         I'm going to use a word problem. Starting from the point of view of just one person we can make equations for gauging the expenditure of emotional resources:
   
                         Mom needs to pick up the kids from Soccer practice, she also has a yoga class that starts about the same time. There is an arcade near the yoga class that the twins love, but it's in a bad neighborhood. Mom could drive home, dump the pissed off kids, and be late for her yoga class. Or she could risk being stressed out during yoga worrying about her adventurous twins. How does mom decide?

                         Unlike grade school math, there may be no ideal solutions. There are only ideal boundary definitions. Were the twins able to suppress there desire to emotionally blackmail mom, Mom would be late to class but she wouldn't worry. The problem gets more interesting when you involve the twins input into this kind of equation. Do the twins have empathy for their mom?

                         We are modeling not only for boundaries defined by a "PRIMITIVE RECURSION" of, "I am the mother, you are the children (No means no!)" But in social algebra we are also accounting for the limited emotional resources of both mom and the twins. I'm not in the job of solving peoples personal problems for them but this example shows the challenges of making stressful decisions that effect others.

                         Simple problem, no good solutions. Usually preference and habit determine the outcome of our choices. But we can always try new solutions to this very normal type of social algebra.
                         Now let's look at a much more difficult but equally elegant problem. We can say, I am your reader. You are my complex conjugate, (audience/plural). I can't supervise you to make sure you stay safe. I'm deliberately turning this information loose into the world without knowing what is going to happen. I use no requested traffic sources. You are as alone in this as I am, although there is going to be a lot more of you than there are of me. The lines of influence are clear. Either I give you what you want or you stop reading. I have almost no knowledge of you other than your country of origin, browser and operating system. You can disengage at any time. I will always be here, as long as the blog stays posted. (How do I keep our twins happy? And avoid stressing out.) I dread that if some of you discover how efficiently simple the "Johnson Method" really is, some of my readers will be going out into the world of psychic reading with an untested arsenal of high powered armaments. I may be putting you at an incredible risk handling tools that are much better designed for systems analysis than parlor games.

                         Ahh. Social Algebra. I have to decide how to approach you as a consumer of data content. The factors for analysis are relatively easy, [Games Theory, Transactional Analysis, NeuroLinguistics]. As far as the utility of these said modules is concerned, I don't know what is going to happen, but let's look at what the answer probably is. Who ever you are, if your reading this you are probably way smart. You may have already read for someone while admitting to personal naivete'. I made sure to play to your strengths. You may have already witnessed the freedom that comes from abandoning the standard pretenses.

                         First factor for my "Propositional Assertion" is that I must trust my work. {A PERSON'S GUESS IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN ODDS WOULD ALLOW.}

                         Second, consider the possibility of my readers shared curiosity, case in point. I know somethings I would like to share with the world that as yet is still completely undefined. Ideally, this should be knowledge of the subjective that everyone is going to want to know. {EVERYONE HAS BLIND SPOTS AND EVERYONE'S BLIND SPOTS ARE DIFFERENT.} Your appetite for learning is a hunger, eat, you are skinny. My writing is very bland but the feelings I use are very good. Please. Enjoy. Invite your friends. Your hunger for knowledge, just like my saturation with the subject of psychic reading, are biases. (Polarity can just be as simple as "have or have not." Share. Bias doesn't have to be a bad thing, not ever. If you are hungry to learn, learn.) It is important that the information is measured carefully, so as not to shock people unnecessarily.

                        Thirdly, {SOME PEOPLE ARE VERY DIFFERENT VERY DIFFERENTLY.} If you are reading this, you are the ones who should be getting paid, not me. You are so unique, {outlier} I hope you are getting this.

                        And lastly, {EVERYONE NEEDS LOVE.} None of this is terribly original, but the synthesis is decades overdue. I hope my work speaks for my love and concern for all of you. As is the case for all readers, I must forgo the short term validation of knowing whether you will love me back, and maybe I may never know. It's better that I do the work without concern for reward.

                        As is the case with all instinctual awareness, the dynamic of bias is much greater than feeling out peoples personal problems. We have a much larger dimension to social algebra. I expect that my models of dynamic boundaries will be used for conflict resolution, as well as many other sensitive diplomatic issues.

                       I believe that unconsciously, we all weigh these factors of interpersonal variability when we choose to make expressions in light of any arguments we are contrasting. How can I make these linguistic propositions any the more rational?


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?