Sunday, September 29, 2013

Touch My Heart



                         I must confess that as a pro psychic there is no greater joy than reaching receptive readers. I don't know you but I see your eyes are following me.

                         Hello to you new readers from Indonesia. How do you find me, no matter? I was just getting ready to apologize to my readers for my overuse of other directed communications. My 27 year old dreadlocked training partner confronted me today about my believing that "Communication is not a two way street." I like to say, "Dead artists still speak to us, and they don't have to wait around and listen to us." He said communication usually requires listening. I said communicating to people requires that often we must not listen, that people will mess with you and try to censor you. I thanked him for being rationally contrary as I usually do. I went on to point out that people in popular society want to be told what to do, even if they don't listen. Correcting me, Sean asserted that people want to listen to what they already think. I countered with, "People give their money to political campaigns and stock analysts with no real authority, so as not to have to think at all." I say, "People want to be told what to do and think." This discussion goes on. What do you think?

                         The conformational bias is a real problem. People can be very gullible and arbitrary. As my writing has proposed from the start, "Everyone has blind spots." Most of us want to think that we are good listeners, even if we have no way to compare personal differences in listening skills. Sean said that Lobbyists, Bankers and Stock Brokers are very smart people who know how to exploit the system. I mentioned that they may lack what I call "Soul." Point being that what a person is ignorant about, they probably do not know. (I include myself as someone who can be ignorant.)

                         I mentioned to Sean about how my secretary tells me that when her clients (female) come to her for a consultation, she's asked,"What do you think about this man?" and "I think we are soul mates." Lydia tells them, "RUN." Soon Lydia gets the wedding invitation in the mail. When she tells them to "Just don't have a baby with the guy." Soon my secretary will get an invitation to the baby shower. Lydia's philosophy is, First do no harm, (Hippocratic Oath) and never take away hope. It seems at $50.00 an hour she's neither harming, nor is she causing her customers to do what she tells them to do. Good job.

                         My original point of departure is a matter of heart. If I want to be true to my craft, I must do my work in a sort of informational vacuum. I don't need or want the luxury of feedback. That would be exploitive and cheating. I'm not that corrupt, so I do apologize for the understandable confusion that results from the true admission of the "ONE WAY" directed communication that is the hallmark of a truly ethical consultant. I would be lying were I unwilling to accept criticism where it is necessary, but it would be equally false for me to equivocate about what my responsibility requires. I'm getting paid to tell you the truth to the best of my ability. If you want to argue philosophy, maybe you can pay someone to do that for you too. That's not my job.

                         As an expression of an ideal sincerity, I find most of my clients are more than willing to know that I wont argue. I find conflicting with people about matters of opinion totally unacceptable. As for the critical thinking of my good friends, (and I would like to think of you as my friends,) YOU TOUCH MY HEART. Thank you so very much.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?