Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Entering the Subjunctive



Entering the Subjunctive


                    Maybe this is what all the fuss is about, constructive fantasy. The little dreams that haunt me are supposed to stay in my head. I'm not supposed to be proving the existence of subordinate realities that coalesce to create the one true shared reality that we must learn to share today. Most of us are so biased as to believe that truth is "mine."

                    Why do brilliant nerds read comic books? (Well not all nerds. I find reality far more fantastic, and I'm not the only one.) The appeal of fiction is how it reflects, conforms and ultimately predicts fact. There are many who would say history is just the fantasy of dominance, the dogma of survivors. No wonder we want to indulge in the myths and legends of heroes. I believe that ghosts are memories that refuse to die. Try to disprove that, fact or fiction.

                    The book "THE WHITE GODDESS" by Sir Robert Graves, is a documentary history of Poetry. The radical tradition of letters and alternative history predates patriarchy. History too is a dynamic membrane formed by the coalescence of conflicting opinion biases. (I'm just a singer in a rock and roll blog?) My roll as a psychic sensitive is simply to preside over the dialog and conflicts resulting from the fantasy of language. Vague? A little. Dishonest? Hopefully never. I achieve nothing by avoiding. Unless my job entails telling people to go away, I would never want to have to lie to someone.
         
                     Now story telling is something else entirely. How may I enchant you without diminishing you. Fantasy is the key to the thought experiment. I can't ride light, but I sure can wonder. Physics for me is the ultimate mind game, I imagine, but it always takes me out of myself. Science is my fiction. A muse was never more fickle and unforgiving. I love "HER." And she only smiles knowing that I will never betray her lust for knowledge. Are you getting this?

                     I recently sent an E-mail to an architect where I said, "A cathedral cannot be built on lies." Of course I'm not referring to the falsities of religion. I was referring to the actual honest acceptance of gravity. The dialog revolves around the architectural "Art of deception." Nice idea. But as I've posited I am not an illusionist. I believe that deception is far too important to confuse with the related but very different phenomena of ignorance or naivete. I even believe that the real evil, if one exists, is not deception but censorship which is as often the result of ignorance, not deceit.

                     People give far too much credence to the notion of conspiracy as a real force of evil. Comforting fantasy. Or is it? This presumes a projection of actual intelligence. Don't get me wrong there is actual evil in the world, but it may be complacency. Were I to pretend that there were no history of abuse I would have to lie. But I would have to be equally dishonest to pretend that people don't want the lie to be the truth, hence the faith in banality. Maybe the church did try to keep us illiterate, but politically, it may have been nothing more than the complacency of rational cowardice. Politics as usual. As for my friend the architect, I hope he appreciates my bias toward the over use of the word deception.

                     Fantasy and creative thought only rises to the level of deception when there is the intent to deceive. I am not a liar, at worst I'm often wrong. But I never take peoples money or faith for granted. Thank you for you assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?