Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Time for a Story of NO RETURN

                    As our semi swerved and fishtailed coming to an abrupt stop, I woke up in the cab sleeper. I could see by the flashing lights that there was a fuel tanker blocking the road. Steve had fallen asleep behind the wheel. We almost died in flames. But no, just close, no explosion. Steve kinda blamed me for not staying awake after telling him several made up bizarre stories. Sleepy bye bye stories that almost made us go boom boom. My stories made him skate down the highway, eyes closed, as truckers are reported to do from time to time.

                     When we got to a truckstop, Steve was still scared and pissed. He said, we almost died and asked me if I even cared? I said I was glad we were still alive, but if we had died, we wouldn't be around to care anyway, so what difference did it make. He accepted my logic but it was a small comfort. I was just a hitchhiker. Why should a nobody like me end up being the reason why Steve stopped driving all together. It would seem I'm not the only person who gets dangerous highway hypnosis, bad. Who would have thought that entertaining stories about aliens in flying saucers the size of dinner plates could end up so scary.

                      I had no comprehension that this was the beginning of a strange wonderful profoundly disturbing relation with one of the most brilliant amazing messed up people ever. Chance encounter with Steve meant life was on detour into the world of the unknown. No return.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?