Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Manipulation of Symbolic Languages

                              
                                         
                      Proposition;     All words are discreet entities, combinatorially rearrangeable.

                      Proof:              Therefore communication can function as a purely creative medium, always subject to reinvention. Here we have in the heading a kind of demonstration model. "The Manipulation of Symbolic Languages," is a perfect example of language as a creative medium spanning unrelated topics. Although this is a vague proposition, it is easy to prove by this kind of exercise.

                    Proposition:   The statement, The Manipulation of Symbolic Language, has three big words; Manipulation, Symbolic and Language. As a viral statement, "The Manipulation of Symbolic Language," is meaningless outside of a persons identification of what it means for them, if it is to mean anything at all.

                     Proof:            To some people, "The Manipulation of Symbolic Language," is about the abuse of language. Subterfuge. My subterfuge. While some may choose to read it as an indictment of the abuse of language for the purpose of spiritual exploitation, many read this differently. To many it means those terse terms in mathematics that can be reduced to expressions constructed like a code into equations and strings.  Math and Poetry can be intimidating to different people for different reasons. Yet as a creative medium, Symbolic Language is central to all language and communication. It has been said, "Everything is a metaphor." {I don't know what everything is a metaphor of, but....! [:~) LOL  (LOL means laugh out loud, but most of you know that.) And of course the little smiley face "emoticon," well that too can be symbolic of something, like the fact that I'm not funny in print.}

                     Proposition:    All language is symbolic.  May 31st, 2013  If you have had a chance to look at, <ppireaders.blogspot.com/> Techniques and Technologies, you will have seen pretty math graphics. Each artifact was composed out of pre-existing symbols of math. There are only a few kinds of math functions that are usable. And with the limiting grammar and syntax, all codes and languages create a combination of intentionally mathematical serendipity.     

                     Proof:             I take, The Manipulation of Symbolic Language, to mean, making Art using Math and vice versa. I do this by manipulating the symbolic languages of math, as an artist would use tools in an artists studio. I would very much like to thank the makers of a "GRAPHICS CALCULATOR'' made by Pacific Tech. Along with "MATHEMATICA," I've had the privilege of  spending the last ten yrs. studying mathematics, which for me is poetry.

                     I'm a very slow thinker with occasional flashes of creative chutzpa. I achieve undeservedly what others can rarely dream. I just looked up chutzpa in my yiddish dictionary. Chutzpa is that quality which makes it possible for a man to kill both his father and mother only to throw himself on the mercy of the court, asking to be pardoned because he is now an orphan.

                     I use symbolic languages to provide an analysis of each and every different person. I know I am going to be judged by the whims of personal popular opinion. (Biased Pro and Con.) Yet I appeal to the uniqueness of each persons preferences. To each hopefully in their own language. Be you a mathematician or a poet or just a washer person scrubbing stains off laundry, you are hopefully someone who is capable of detecting bullshit, ("psychically?")

                     There are many non finite degrees of freedom provided in all symbolic languages. But in this same way, there are very precise and limited ways in which I can construct strings to compose mathematical expressions. This code must still mean something to my computer. I can do it with equations or I can do it with computer code. To some of us, "Code is Poetry."

                     I can assure you people are even much trickier. When I manipulate a person's cherished symbolic languages, I have to be very careful. It's actually easier to debug a piece of computer code than it is to show somebody when they are in denial. I'm creating new symbolic languages to build common platforms for "Proofs," which can appeal to peoples of opposite opinion biases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?