Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Accessing the Void of Uncertainty



Accessing the Void of Uncertainty                                                                                   May 29th, 2013


                    When we face uncertainties, we risk being alone. Especially when we are already alone.

                    I used to have killer migraines. I wasted away. In Alternative Medicine, Chinese and Arvedic, the kind of prophetic hallucinations we can have during migraines are symptomatic of recovery. Such bizarre effects go away when we get better. (Or do they?)

                    For decades I have seen and done things that I have only read about in books. The visions were a payoff for being so sick all the time. When I turned fifty, I started getting my health back. That's been trippy too. I knew from my early research that the beyond is just a Boundary Definition. A barrier I crossed effortlessly. My detachment became something I could communicate to others. Yet those experiences of living in two places simultaneously never really went away in spite of putting on 40 lbs. of youthful muscle in my 50s. But I have never lost the awareness of how absurd my existence is. I get to understand things that most people avoid looking at.

                    Speculation is a fine art. That's why people want to believe in; Stock Brokers, Psychics, Politicians, Clergy, Doctors, Detectives and Lawyers, and the list goes on. Generally we don't want to get stuck with making uninformed decisions. So we seek authority. Ronald Reagan had Nancy to read the Astrological charts for him in bed helping to guide the president as he led our nation. Maybe that was the right thing for them to do considering the gravity of the job of running a country.

                   The Atheists dog believers, God freaks dog the rest of us for not being believers. We are all often shamed. We shame others. Even agreeing to disagree is shamed. How did our species end up so, so, ...., well I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't be critical.

                    Yet why do we struggle to deny that what is at the core, uncertainty, sweet, unanswered questions. From over this uncertain metaphorical event horizon comes our future. We don't know exactly what is going to happen, we can just make educated guesses. Most people who get paid for educated guessing, speculating or predicting the future are wrong. If and only as prognosticators do economists, doctors or prophets delude themselves to believe that their prognosis is always right. Rarely do people with these responsibilities take account of the calculated risks of educated guessing. And I'm a very good guesser, the best. But I choose to be cautious and thus humble to the best of my ability.
     
                     I love the uncertainty of writing a blog that no one will read unless I can speak directly to peoples interest in uncertainty. I may be marketing understanding. I want prove the existence of the unknown, and it's functionality. As explorers we are drawn by necessity. As people we are informed by the ever changing boundaries of the known and unknown. Now how do I find an interesting way to prove it.

                    P. S. One of the things I love about blogging is that at this time, few are keeping up with it. I get to write and to have to read to no one. This is that beautiful experience I'm talking about. I don't know you. You are my unknown audience. I get to love you without expectation. You may never read this but I still love you more than I can say. Thank you so much. Just checked page views of my blog. A lot people have been reading in Europe. I have no idea how you found me. Did some happy crying. WOW, thanks, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?