Thursday, May 30, 2013

Why Newer Isn't Always Better "The Great Hoard."

Why Newer Isn't Always Better                                                                                        May 30th,2013




                    Is it the perpetuity of youth and agism what inclines us to want to believe newer is better? Likewise, if I draw attention to those things that haven't been improved upon, then do I deserve to be put down? Marginalized? Ignored? There maybe people on this planet that are hundreds of years old. Maybe. They aren't advertising. I've read that all wealth is just the acquisition of material castoffs.

                    It has become a tragic symptom of modern life that general education has become a thing of the past. Why? We have become slaves to expediency. Our poor children are starving for the nourishment of their minds, bodies and souls. And yet the attitude is that we are saturated with the attachments of nostalgic elitists. People like me are thought of as fossils of a long antiquated world. Yet as I peruse the music downloaded onto YouTube, I can see that there is a revival in the tastes and sophistication of a maturing audience.

                    All that is old is new again. There is no replacing the classics. As a 57 yr. old micro stud, I am a novelty. I'm nourished, healthy. I'm a demonstration model. Most of the people alive today will never get to know good health. Much less will most have the time for a thorough education. My faith tells me I shouldn't be ashamed of maturity. Yet I believe that were I to actually get younger that I will be punished. Don't brag about the good things in life. Novelties are just supposed to come and go, not hang on and thrive. My survivors guilt is in itself inexcusable. Feeling guilty about my good health and rich culture is just stupid self pity.

                    My Chi Gung looks like dancing and I'm delicately balanced even when I'm jumping around. I train in a macho gym. I resent having to be compared to the younger guys, but that's my problem. Actually I'm well respected. Most younger guys hope they will be heathy when they get older too. I've actually had a much better reception as an aging athlete than I've had in almost any other area in my life. Similarly I get to enjoy the life of a scholar as well. Much is to be learned in this amazing age of rapidly advancing technology. I often amaze and bewilder geniuses of all disciplines. All of what I've inherited is the result of perseverance. Otherwise I am just the lucky recipient of what I call, "The Great Hoard." Were I unimpressed with the privileges of my blessed life, it would be disgraceful.

                   Don't get me wrong. Learning computer technology is as slow and difficult as is everything else in my life that I've wanted to learn about. But if I hadn't have had a life that inspired and educated me in traditional science and literature, I wouldn't have survived to enjoy today. I have retained a healthy appetite for learning things that are still a little more difficult than I like having to admit.

                   All that is new will be old again. Wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?