Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Loving Your Unknown Audience

Loving Your Unknown Audience                                                                                    May 29th, 2013


                 
                    There is a good reason why I call myself an "Entertainment Medium." (Croatian Proverb, "May god give me the gift to know how others see me.") We have been looking at the boundaries of the unknown as if it was a mystery. Yet we persist. We never really know how others think or feel. Or why. The subject is just too dense. We are sophisticated creatures with unbelievable creativity. There are no words. Only awareness guides our perception of others. This window to the world is the only thing we actually share with others.

                    You have come to my window. I am not an object. I am not a mirror. When we meet something happens. We confront uncertainties in ourselves and each other. I have the privilege to know about you for the first time. I am just another medium to so many people who have never really stepped past the object relationship. As objects we fail miserably. As people we rule. It appears that all subjects are a coalescence. Objects, of and by themselves, are the things in themselves only. We have the naming of things, and we also have the subjectively unnamable. As objects we are infinitely many. As subjects we define the "Self" as just one thing. There are no higher or lower awarenesses, only awareness. When I read for somebody, you in this situation are just separate people being read, one at a time or as in discreet groups. You are an unknown to me. People often love a good mystery, even if it's just the illusion of drama.

                     My job if done correctly is a very straight forward proposition. Trying to tell you the truth in light of my obvious limitations is an exercise in pragmatic absurdity. As a psychic, no amount of categorical analysis is going to make up for the history of superstitious exploitation. Spiritual abuse is the equal opportunity exploitation of peoples faith. Were I to pretend that I'm always right I would be no better than all those demagogues who pander and indulge everyone by lying. To me the real challenge is to apply the checklists of diagnostic analysis to the peculiar uniqueness of each and every one of you and your individual perspectives. Were I to lie, I would know. Hopefully so would you. When I take $60.00 bucks an hr. as a psychic reader, I want to have a clear conscience. Writing this blog and editing it into books is helping immensely. The prospect of using truthfulness to protect and support myself is bracing to say the least. Maybe with skill I may be entertaining too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?