Saturday, June 28, 2014

Repost from "The Bridge Between The Worlds" http://ppireading.blogspot.com/

Frankenputer and the Digital Zombie



                   Hi. Lest we be confused about where we are today, for the moment I have returned to my life before the fame and notoriety. I see an army of soulless defendants cueing on the edge of an event horizon we may not survive to reach. Just as the answers to all of man's problems may never be heard, I've adopted an acceptance of our possible fates more horrible than death itself. And man does not see it.

                   The sad and savage truth is that instead of preparing for the inevitable, we are distracted beyond all reason. As the months and years whip by, I see that I have been privileged to see the truth and I get to write about it. But yet my heart aches. For all my children yet to be, I apologize. I forgot all about you. When we should have been preparing, we were designing apps instead. Consumer technology is the name of the game. The sales departments are running the shop. No soul need apply.

                   My friends in the future are never able to keep up with me. They were always making it about themselves. Dreaming up that next Killer App. The thing is, people generally don't expect me to be able to love so spontaneously. My need for love is so dear to me, I learned how to talk to the dead, without even believing in them. I don't believe. My "Killer App" is reading.  And it works.Couldn't teach the machines how to do it. There is so much money just hovering in the halls but we wouldn't let them in. Our competition tried reverse engineering the P. P. I. Reader. I just got people to help me read for you. I got to change the way we use language, and I document it. The data is very pure. It's only we people who are course. Reading is easy, it's my Reading Technology that is hard. And it couldn't be copied.

                    I never meant to be a disruption. Reading Technology is just a concept whose time has come. It can be lucrative with almost no overhead compared to it's highly scalable income. This whole thing just got way out of hand. People started bootlegging intel without knowing how to use it. An actual Identity Code has to be expanded continually. The human variability is just so ripe with data. In this era of; BIOMETRICS, ERGONOMICS, Physiognomy, Genomics, (usability?) people are used to Medical Variability Analytics. Common practice now, but it sounded really dumb when I first wrote about it. The numbers have held up nicely. I am very happy I had done my homework and set a trap for myself. In my future, I would be prepared to prove that very obvious "True Hoax." It was never a hoax. I just managed to prove that our society, en mass, "Moves toward the radicalization of truth," by spreading a "Truth Rumor." People are affected by truth, and always have been. Truth is a measurable commodity, And as a resource it is a permanent eventuality. Here in the future, however, we optimists are still thought of as freaks, but if you can't pay your bills no one will. I was mostly concerned with journalistic integrity.

                    Because I have taken my time, hiding in comfortable poverty has allowed me time to study. The only reason anyone believes me now is because I told the biggest Bullshit Ghost Story. As a detective story it's a little slow. But as an influential work of Library Science, I even finally get my Pulitzer. Blah, Blah, Blah. What's important is that the work is done and that the numbers are working out. When I first wrote about this, it looked ridiculous. As we started following the line of reason we are now getting incredible resolution on the "Personal Data Variability." For the first couple of decades I wasn't understandable, not important. In the next couple of decades, I wasn't even prepared to share my time. In these last twenty years, everything just continues to come together. As hard as I have worked and studied, I've always felt as if everything is turning out just a little too well. It's O. K. for me to use what I have, I did pay a price. I am glad for being able to sometimes be aware of other peoples feelings. I have worked with many of the best. I want to be left alone.