Thursday, August 28, 2014

Everybody Wants to Be "It."



                   I've been looking at the google analytics for my social media. I really enjoy reading things I can do with data. Marketing for things like "conversion rates," It must be "point of sale" and I really laughed. I enjoyed reading about features and actual systems analysis for data modeling. It was really fun and I honestly don't know If I'm going to be able to keep up with this. I do like a good social experiment. I'm going to see if I can do this, it's not a big thing. I'll stay open. Can market teaching people "How to be Psychics," Classes taught over the web without ever having to meet you. And I am actually already doing this professionally. (I actually am. My magazine has both content and learning modules. I'm not worried about money. Nobody should trust a psychic with money anyways.)

                   I love math. Instructions speak about tracking real behavior in your markets and marketing. I was reading something beautiful and poetic, not vague. I got it.  I think I get it now. "It's" that quality of something, or someone indescribable. "It" is market gold. You want "It." You have to have "It."  You have to get "It." Everyone wants "It." Now is the whole point of "It." Now is very "It."

                   And now "It" has become very measurable. (google analytics) And I had a good laugh and feel very good about what I read. It gave me a kind of hope. Targeting an audience (Analytics) can be a very dynamic medium for communication, you can get individual consent to participate, screen and/or filter involvement in that analytic.

                   I ask you, "Can Marketing become a Force for Good?"  Similar to your own personal social media, your data can be what and who is accessing and interacting with your media. Questions like, What accesses your market? In what way? By Whom, When, Where, and much more subtle details.  How do you identify Yourself to your market? These can be your metrics, just like time, proximity, age, etc. You can segment your data. Each parameter sets for scheduling, usage, length of a campaign. Hard for me to keep up, but it sounds fun, so we'll see. Fun Huh? I'm going to see if I can do this. Thanks as always, you are a blast. "It" has taken surfing the web to another completely unexpected place.

                    P. S.  Nobody wants to get permanently stuck inside of the "It" box, at least not for very long. We are happiest when we matter to other people. Creates beautiful things. Be very creative, a completely different challenge entirely. Enjoy simplicity. We are "It" already. Forever! (Buzz on google analytics, kind of creepy,.. I laughed.) Are we there yet?