Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Mastery of Spiritual Fiction



                   "It is with great pride that I get to announce the rollout of our latest upgrade in personality inventories." Gretchen is absolutely radiant! "Tonight, you will get to see our panel of experts beta test the INTER SENSORY PERCEPTION BATTERY." "Phillip, will you be competing with us here tonight?" "It is your brainchild," she extends her arm toward me with feeling.

                   It's now midnight Brussels time, April 24th, 2031. At this moment the hall receives a welcome calm. A warm solemn hush overtakes the audience. What at first seemed like total carny, now becomes sober science. From wrought anticipation to patient revery, the crowd unites for the love of our arts. I know these witnesses are all my faithful readers, of whom many have been following since I had first offered to prove this creative Evidentiary Assertion. "I will be my privilege to get to play with all of you this evening!" The tension is broken, I hug Gretchen and Gunter in turn. The audience applauds in sympathy. They sense something very special is indeed happening. And it's not about me.

                   Gretchen announces, "The competition will be in three phases." "The first is in general readings and diagnostics." Wireless keypads are handed out to each of the audience members. "Votes will be tabulated recording each persons reactions to every individuals readings." "One or two points will be given for every near or direct hit whenever a reader gets an accurate read with their client." She continues in outlining the rules for the competition, "The second Phase will entail analysis by comparative review of observable facts, often people don't even know when their reader is right, so confidence levels will be factored into the correlative scores by computer." "There is provided the opt out button on your keypads for anyone who doesn't want their personal records checked for the accuracy of the readings." "Please people, if your not interested in getting read in public, do not volunteer." "It's perfectly understandable if you don't want us looking into your vital statistics" She finishes up by saying, "The final phase of the tests this evening will be for general showmanship." "And we all know who'll win that," Gretchen says smiling gently over at me. Soft laughter comes from the gallery.

                   It's approaching my bedtime in the U. S. I'm starting to split into over here and again somewhere else over here. I'm starting to see all my dreams unfold before me, just like my very first deja vu. I've adapted myself to being in at least two places at once, all the time. And I'm still living out all my own premonitions. I address the gathering affectionately, "May I say to you, my esteemed readers and designers, in spite of being tricked into coming here tonight, I couldn't be happier to be here with all of you." "Thank you so very much for coming tonight." "Let the games begin!"