Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"The Science of Non Violence"



                   I feel most people try to externalize their own truth. We as people are so used to expecting the answers to be elusive, that even when confronted honestly, we can miss it. Here in the U. S. gun rights are fearfully defended. I see numberless people hounded by the ghosts of their ancestors that they don't even recognize. Up tight meditators, classist christians, anorexic nutritionists, sexist celibates, cowardly aggressors, ignorant scholars, need I go on? I see more beauty in one human soul than most people get to see in a whole lifetime.

                   If the truth is an indomitable force like light or gravity, then non violence is our template for the dissemination of truth. Gandhi may have been a bit of a jerk as a father for his own children, but as the father of his own nation he was definitely O. K. Non violence had won the day. The affable Nelson Mandela outlasted Apartheid. Martin Luther King gave his life so as that I can ride the bus in peace and comfort with all my fellow brothers and sisters of different mothers. It makes me so happy. The truth is winning and yet still, man does not see it.

                   I believe that in truth there is no objective evil. There is real evil in the world, but it is ignorance, not conspiratorial intelligence. Were evil intelligent, all we would have to do is show it to be false and it would be smart enough to agree. The perversity of evil is banal.

                   I will also assert; "Innate to our humanity is the religious intelligence of virtue." (Virtue is sexy, and integrity is hot.) No where is religion more vital than in the fundamentals of "healthy" morality. I have been privileged to do good work by learning from the hungry heart. "So much said in listening. The heart that wants to learn is a heart in love. And I would never want that anything I do could ever hurt you. (If hurt people, hurt people, then I have been blessed to live in harmlessness. Thank you so very very much.)