Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The "South Park" Effect



                   Here in the States, we had a cartoon series called "South Park" with foul mouth pre teens leading our nation in the direction of a rational social criticism. Lampooning the likes of Barbara Streisand, Phil Collins, and "The Biggest Douche Bag in the Universe," JOHN EDWARDS. Utterly inexcusably phony psychic, JOHN EDWARDS. I hate him too. People like him ruin it for everyone. But without these little brats from "South Park" I might have been able to resuscitate my career as a psychic without the humiliation of having every younger Gen "X" male jumping down my throat. In the program, little Eric Cartman tries to prove he is psychic and of course is shown up by his other little friend who argues Psychics are all just cold reading by making overly general statements and then just watching for the reactions. It is very true that most so called psychics are really goofy and often arrogant.

                   But after watching this popular cartoon, if you had known nothing about psychics, you would now have more than enough ammunition to dog pile onto anyone who ever tried to be a psychic. Don't misunderstand, at the end of the cartoon John Edwards get abducted by aliens to be judged in "The Biggest Douche Bag of the Universe Contest," and wins. I concur. But it does bring us back to this most important point of departure which is, "We are all cold reading each other all the time anyways." And that's not what I'm doing.

                  I can thank "The South Park Effect" for helping to inoculate society against the abuses of bad phony psychics. (Odd, I'm grateful to a cheesy adult cartoon.)

                  One of my readers has now successfully managed to get through to me, and he is the first. Without asking any questions he's mentioned "Starting" to understand what I'm writing about. I accept the criticism, and I accept the challenge. These super smart readers don't care at all for psychics, this is perfect. I feel like I should post it on my web site, "All True Believers Are Verboten." And "Skeptics Only Need Apply."

                  Beings as this blog is designed as a literary experiment, my goal has been to crash the "CRITICAL MASS CEILING," by writing the best explanation possible for a Para Psychological Methodology." This has entailed accurate documentation of histories and analytical modeling. As I know the vast majority of my readers will never have had my background in classical literature, philosophy or math sciences, I must divine a "Neutral Language" with which to liberate this lost art form. I've got my work cut out for me, and I'm looking forward to the challenge. Stay tuned.