Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fixing a Hole in the Ocean



                         I have come to find such terse statements as, #2. "EVERYONE HAS BLIND SPOTS AND EVERYONES BLIND SPOTS ARE DIFFERENT." Trying to show to people what is not seen is almost an impossibility. I'm going to be using small round clear rocks to prove the point. Glaciers have brought an almost infinite mix of stones to the gravel deposited here in the north. Milled and polished, if there are diamonds, I have found them in beautiful mass profusion. So as I have milled and polished the gemstones of the human soul, I give raw diamonds to my old girl friends.

                         Photos and tests for hardness and optical properties will be included in the blog. I have been told that, "If so and so says that they have never found diamonds," then neither did I. And if they are actually diamonds, (I have found many many many, large, white, colored and flawless,) then they must be blood diamonds and I am shown the door. I have had the time and the technique and the patience to search exposed gravels in angled sunlight. I knew this was a perfect metaphor for that which is not seen is that which is not believed.

                         I conflict endlessly with this issue. People would rather gouge out their eyes than have to be corrected about denial or ignorance. And in this modern age of micro attention and informational undertow, opportunity abounds for peoples childish evasions. Most people want to believe that our personal suffering makes us special. Nonsense. Nothing feeds the ego like suffering. But to what end? (Suffering I renounce thee.)

                         If you are a rational person, (and even if you are not,) you too may be doubting my sanity. But that is the nature of trying to fix the hole in bottom of the ocean. It is a thankless job going up against the tyrants of mass stupefaction. Most of us are so preoccupied with our own sense of defensive alienation that the thought of making a viable contribution to the preservation of the human race is considered symptomatic of a dangerous mental illness. Noble, but grandiose, tragic and deluded are the Do Rights and Dreamers. Should we be ashamed for wanting what is best for everyone?

                         Something a little less heavy, I wonder if people will be able to get back to the beginning of my book. I suppose that until it's published in hard copy you can get to it through the bottom of the posts listings. It started last April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?