Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sensitivity and Ecstasy



                   Today we will be looking at the totality of human experience as meaning and fulfillment, and what it really means in the mundane and beautiful.

                   We will be discussing the spiritual technologies of internal alchemy. Moving the attention inside the sphere of the body is a well documented practice. Prayer, meditation, visualization can all engage the awareness in the exploration of being. Add life and the challenges of daily living, we may all wonder where joy and happiness lies.

                   For sensitives, much of what is ecstatic is not pleasurable. In learning to circulate the vital feelings that animate and sustain my life, I see and feel much that only a life of discipline can produce. I don't really like training or massage therapy, it's very uncomfortable. Neither do I really enjoy all the soul searing visions and rarified perceptions into the unknown that flood my consciousness. I do get some of the satisfaction that comes from my work. I get to witness many wonderful amazing phenomena. But frankly, ecstasy and pleasure are not at all the same thing.

                   I want to be able to approach this subject delicately. In Taoist sexual medicine there are a lot of these applied spiritual techniques that support health and require integrity. The demands that are made on me to carry out my life, in a world and culture that neither understands or appreciates it's pleasures, are ver great indeed. I am very alone. I get to date amazing successful people. But I do so with the awareness of the limitations of compatibility. I am a mathematician, not a panderer. I really do love these people I have relations with, but the issue of appropriateness never leaves my thoughts.

                   Sometimes people will judge you for not fitting in. Not my problem.

                   As the extreme sensitive, my conduct is formed out of intuitive apprehensions of high order. Ecstasy hurts. After my separation, in "92" I went for 15 years without touching anyone. Too much pain, not enough food or trust. Turned 50, in the last 7 years I gained 40 pounds of muscle, had to readjust my thinking to deal with the walking orgasms and all the other strange awareness that comes to those of us with "The Flying Sickness." Thank you again for your time.

                   ("The Flying Sickness Is Not A Sickness," Monday, Dec. 2nd, 2013)

                   Writing a blog with that inevitable infinite scroll is one of the most awkward and productive ways I could have approached the challenge of bringing my life work to publish. The Chinese physicians look at manic depression as a fact of life rather than just a disease to be eliminated. I don't know what I'm going to write until the ideas are ready to be put to words. In the previous clumsy post, I repost a page on, "Styles of Evasion," written back in April. My views on the true shape of the human consciousness, as it is formed by our approach of uncertainties is particularly unflattering and it seems it's misunderstood by most people no matter how I frame it. But I do believe that, providence allowing, I will get it right during my life and that sooner or later it will be easily understood.

                   My teacher had told me, "The Flying Sickness isn't really considered a sickness" "It was taken to be proof of divinity."  "If the person is able to survive past fifty, (and I have) the person is usually a boon to the people." Unsaid of course is the fact that no matter how fruitful the flights of reason or passions may be, the hazards for mania are overwhelming and often very tragic. I'm extremely blessed with a stubborn rational will, an intense philosophical opposition to self destructive suicide and a conqueror's instincts. Add an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude, and all of those decades or depression, I've become well suited for understanding people and the human dilemma. Hence when I'm writing about human "Styles of Evasion" I'm not focusing on the bad. Actually I'm trying to show what it is that makes us over shoot the good. The anxieties that we people feel about inevitable uncertainties often drive people to do very indirect and dysfunctional things. Oddly enough however at the center of these evasions is that essential good in everyone, the need to approach the unknown. At the center of the field of perspective is the truth, and the truth is in the future. ALWAYS! and it's always getting closer!