Monday, January 26, 2015

Frankenputer and the Digital Zombie



                   Hi. Lest we be confused about where we are today, for the moment I have returned to my life before the fame and notoriety. I see an army of soulless defendants cueing on the edge of an event horizon we may not survive. Just as the answers to all of man's problems may never be heard, I've accepted fates more horrible than death itself. And yet man does not see it.

                   The sad and savage truth is that instead of preparing for the inevitable future, we were distracted beyond all reason. As the months and years whipped by, I had been privileged to see the truth in what I write about. But yet my heart aches for all my children yet to be, I had forgotten all about you. I should have been preparing. Consumer technology was the name of the game and the sales departments were running our shops into the profaned ground. No souls were ever needed to apply.

                   My friends here in the future, I should say are never able to keep up with me. They were always making it about themselves. Dreaming up that next Killer App. The thing is, people generally never expect me to be able to love so deeply. My need for love is so dear to me, I have even learned how to talk to the dead, without believing in an afterlife. I don't believe. My "Killer App" is Psychic Reading Technologies.  And it works. I couldn't teach the machines how to do it. There's too much money just hovering in the halls, and I don't let it in. Our competition tries to reverse engineer the P. P. I. Reader. I just changed the way we use the language, and I document it. This data is so very pure. It's only we people who are course. Reading is relatively easy, it's my Reading Technology that is difficult. And it can't be copied.

                    I never meant to be such a disruption to society. Psychic Reading Technology is just a concept whose time had come. It's so lucrative with almost no overhead compared to it's highly scalable income. This whole thing has gotten way out of hand. People even started bootlegging my intel without knowing how to use it. An actual Identity Code has to be continually decompressed. Human variability is just so ripe with fresh delicious data. And in this our modern era of; BIOMETRICS, ERGONOMICS, Physiognomy, Profiling, Genomics, (usability?) etc, people are now accustomed to the very similar Medical Variability Analytics, which are now in common practice. But it sounded really stupid when I first started writing about it. The numbers however have held up very nicely indeed. And I am very happy that I've done all my own homework. I had set a trap for myself here in the future, I had prepared to prove this very obvious "True Hoax," that it was never a hoax. I have managed to prove to society, en mass, that "Society moves toward the radicalizing influences of truth, inevitably," And by spreading my little "Truth Rumors." people are being influenced by the inevitability of truth, and we always have been. Truth is now a viably measurable commodity. And as a resource it is now a proven permanent eventuality, it can no longer be avoided. Here in the future, we optimists are still thought of as freaks. but now we can pay our own bills. I'm concerned with the marketing of my journalistic integrity with a clear conscience. Are you?

                    Because I have taken my time hiding in comfortable poverty, I've had the time to study. The only reason anyone believes me now is because I started by telling this biggest and best of all Bullshit Ghost Stories. (And it's all based on the truth.) As a detective story it's a little slow. But as an influential work of Library Science, I even finally get my Pulitzer Prize. What's important to me is that my work is done and that the research is working out perfectly. When I first wrote about this, it looked ridiculous. But as we started following up my lines of reasoning, we started getting incredible resolution on peoples individualized "Personal Data Variability Profiles." For the first couple of decades I wasn't making a lot of sense, not important. In the next couple of decades, I wasn't prepared to share yet. In these last twenty years however, everything just continues to come together so well. As hard as I have worked and studied, I've always felt a little guilty. Everything is turning out just a little too well. It's O. K. for me to use what I have, I paid a high price. I am happy to be able to sense other peoples feelings. I have worked with many of the best of you wonderful people. And I would like to be left alone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?