Sunday, January 18, 2015

Why Mind Reading Is Verboten

Saturday, November 30, 2013


                  My teacher had said that, "Telepathy is one of the most inconvenient things that can ever happen to people." I also had a Croatian Sociology professor who would say, "Make predictions, but never assume." {You will probably be wrong much of the time anyways.} (My 1st Axiomatic Rule of a Para Psychological Method, "A persons guess is always better than odds would allow.) I'm wondering, how do I approach this subject. I should be minding our own business, but I promised this book was not going to be about me. I'm going to keep this pleasant, I suspect self disclosure is the only way I'm going to stay on point.

                  As a 57 year old recovering addict I've found physical education has been good for me and my return to a social life. If you've seen my work on "Circular Maturation," (reposted under, "TRANSITIONAL RELATIONS" / Wed. Oct. 23rd / from the earlier "Growing Into A New History, NEXT CORE DOCUMENTATION" / July 4th 2013,) you will have seen my proposition that "Emotional affairs are inevitable and generally non sexual." I have seen, most people are not happy to forgo love just because they have moved past a broken up pair bond relationship. That need for love is the thing that motivates us to want things to, "Work Out." When you get to my age, and you are single, almost anyone has rebound relationships and therefore realistically is not likely to have affairs that "Just Workout." Add that most people fantasize about unrealistic relationships, everyones first deeply meaningful emotional affair can be very stressful. Most people need to be more forgiving of ourselves and each other. All most everyone has totally flipped out at someone for disappointing them. (2nd Axiomatic Rule for the Para Psychological Methods, Everyone has blind spots and everyones blind spots are different.")

                 On point now. I've discovered that "Friend Love" can be very unemotional, but for some, emotional attachments can still be very jealous and even antagonistic. The term "Bromance" has been thrown around like the latest trending insult. I was delighted to discover, that after separation from my common law spouse and 15 years of celibacy, I am loved. I don't toy with peoples emotions, I find these type of connections with people makes my recovery much more fun. The kinds of athletes I am surrounded by, (Male and Female) aren't just beautiful, they are looked at like love and or sex objects. The popular prejudices about the "Culture of the Body" tries to sexualize everybody. I believe this is one of the unintended causes behind obesity, people feel resigned to misjudge themselves as conveniently unattractive and resultantly try to escape behind a negative and distorted self image. I myself am overjoyed that my gym is not a pickup joint, as many gyms can tend to be. I believe there is the "Curse of Beauty", and modesty is our only defense. (3rd Axiomatic Rule for the Para Psychological Methods, "Some people are very different, very differently.")

                 Conscious non verbal communications are usually the result of cultivated rapport skills, not mind reading. Therefore it does no good to pretend to know what others think or feel. Any presumptive behaviors can be very alienating. Pandering is for idiots. As I would hope the point of what I'm trying to illustrate is not lost, I'll say, in the same way I wouldn't want to assume my writing is always clear, we especially need to be sensitive with others, when considering the consequences of our approaches to other people's feelings. (4th Axiomatic Rule for the Para Psychological Methods / "Everybody Needs Love.") In this world with such a disparity of love, trust and good faith, "Mind Reading is Verboten."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?