Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Entry into a Masters Level GAMES MODULE


         
        If you would like to start at the beginning of this story, Just Another Day In The Future, Tues. Nov. 19th, 2013. It started yesterday, {April 23rd, 2031}.

                   After I buy my breakfast pastry and first Coffee, I turn from the service window and savor. Gretchen flags my attention from across the dining room. At a brisk relaxed pace she floats up. Smiling, "Good morning Phillip, You were talking in your sleep again." "And we taped you if you ever want to see it." "But It's also been transcribed for threading into the web. Of course we'll want your written consent first." "All rights are yours exclusively." "Gunter wanted me to apologize to you again for our horrible ruse, tricking you into coming here." "We've learned enough from you over the years to know how loyal you are."

                   I ask, "Can I assume that you and Gunter are only adversaries for the sake of Oraca and Inter Space Limited?" "You two have been carrying on discretely, without either of the boards knowing, haven't you?"

                   "Yes." "And if it's any consolation, Phillip you performed so much better than any of us could have anticipated." "You gave us all the most naive trusting display of honorable good sportsmanship I think any of us could have hoped for." "You survived each of our technicians onslaughts." "And you were still ready to play our game."

                   "So what about the rollout?" I ask. "I want the charts on confidence levels for our latest "Game." "And how was this supposed to help with your merger." "Did we piss anyone off at the head offices?"

                   "Phillip, You are so right on target again." "By making this PSY CON party a working flash mob event, the boards were never invited." "We're giving all of the proceeds for this copyright directly to your company if you want it." "Even this morning, before the markets opened, news was out." "Both Gunter and I have gotten letters of resignation from all of our most greedy short sighted board members." "Yes we really pissed those tight asses off." "Those idiots can't even read a thank you note much less any other expression of humans emotion." "The fact that we got you to "Ring the Bell," meant that the original designers were back together without even a shiver of resistance from anyone." "I wasn't able to sleep all last night."

                   "Wow, Wonderful." "But Gretchen, why did it seem that everyone was so worried about me, even those strangers who picked me up out front of Oraca?"

                   "Phillip, I think you know what the answer is." "The one thing you are best known for is your uncontainable love." "You make leaving one's comfort zone an act of pure joy." "It's THE POWER OF YOUR HEART." Suddenly I realize that we are alone in the basement together, and tears are streaming down my face. I thank Gretchen and apologize excusing my self with a thanks and a hug and walk quickly back to the restroom. The tiled walls are echoing my wailing sobs as a solitary sunbeam enters through the basement bathroom window. But there seems to be someone else here. I need to find Jennifer.