Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Transcending a Personal Opinion Bias



                   Todays post is going to be on a little "Fringe Science." But first I'ld like to say welcome to Mid Winter, Candle Mass or Ground Hogs Day if you like.

                   Shen, (Shien? Which I think means spirit, ) E M D R, (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprograming,) and N L P, (Neuro Linguistic Programing,) greatly enhance our range of subjective awareness. Shen is where I put hands onto the emotional centers to relieve trauma, I sometimes experience others emotions directly. E M D R is where the eyes are moving back and forth following anything that holds the attention while someone is reliving a traumatic incident. This allows the link with the traumatic memory to be broken by otherwise unavailable means. N L P is where we observe and respond to the distinctive "Preferential" style of perception for each and every different person. N L P is very popular with people who like having an unfair advantage, being able to read people. But as is the case with any "Fringe" science, there is always this boundary to the unknown.

                    N L P and E M D R both have "Programing" in the name. I feel this is very unfortunate as people aren't computers and I'm not a deprogrammer. I do "DOIN" and "Shiatsu" massage on myself and with other people when we need help with reclaiming our used and damaged bodies, helping to relieve pain and suffering. The meridian systems and the corresponding trigger points, make for a kind of direct access to the hard wiring of our bodies. (Acupuncture) These spiritual technologies are very helpful at any point in almost any bodies life. But it is all, at this point, still fringe science, they don't know why it works. There is a beautiful intuitive logic to these practices, but I'm afraid to have to admit the "logic" is "Meta Formal" and therefore deceptively simplistic. The complexities of acupuncture are in fact in it's thoroughness of diagnostics and application, not in it's simple theory.

                    Mental processing; I need to update and reclaim what it is I am doing. No one in my mind should ever be reprogrammed. That's just stupid. When I advocate for a "Complementarity," I mean literally, don't ever try to change peoples mind. EVER! There is nothing wrong with the program, Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, whatever. It's the actual processing that's getting bunched up. That's why, I really like playing to peoples strengths. The only thing I find difficult about my work is meeting so many people. That's why I like parties, I don't have to spend that much time with any one person. In combination with diagnostic palmistry, physiognomy and handwriting analysis, I have no shortage of resources.

                    One last little bombshell, I myself, don't believe in a personal God. I don't believe in an afterlife. None, nada, goodbye. (Next post,......)