Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ethics Are Never Private Property

                              
                      I have been belaboring this issue of Boundary Definitions by Opinion Bias because no where is our intuitive sensitivities more focused. As a sensitive it's my job to understand. This requires unbelievable style, subtlety and tact. (Style, subtlety and tact, not my words. More on my teacher later.)

                      I'm not dwelling on my own indifference to opinion biases, everyone has bias and no one can be entirely free from bias. Nor should we expect that bias is always a bad thing. When presented with alternative perspectives we all experience shifts in focus, some good, some not so good. That's not to say that all opinions are equally right. Much to the contrary, sometimes our individual blind spots are reenforced by popular ignorance or stupidity. Notice I said, "Our." There is almost nothing more difficult than having to tell the truth in the face of overwhelming popular opposition.

                      I strongly believe we have inherited a traditional moral code. I also believe we must consider ethics. Without the review and analysis of a shared moral code, we would never have acquired the means to confront the abuse of power and survive until today. Nor would we have had the need to evolve systems of ethics that allow for personal differences and the resulting conflicts that have ensued.  

                      Understanding the larger issues of these interpersonal differences of bias is our shared domain of human dynamics.  Philosophy aside I hope I've given more than ample weight to the issues of understanding biases, because this will be central to my mapping systems for the soft technologies of people reading. Can I find a way to be any more clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?