Monday, June 22, 2015

The Alert Spoiler (+)


                   Spoiler Alert! Building a Better Psychic Mouse Trap, Beats a Path to my Door!

                   You know that longing your feeling? It could be the turning point. When you feel the boundaries of your known world, you can feel very much alone. Right before the satisfaction of understanding a very difficult problem, there is often an extreme boredom. I've been blessed with a very trusting, forgiving nature. And yet in my advancing years I have come to know the violence that dwells in men's hearts. This is often an unanticipated consequence of the honest inquiry into the domain of the human nature. One might expect that someone as gentle as me, would never be asked to be the enforcer. How wrong we can be.

                   Knowing exactly what people are going to do can really wreck havoc on an otherwise beautiful dating life. I have chased away all the stragglers. I tell them, "Run away as fast as you can, run away while you are still free." "I want you to get away from me." "I will love you death."

                  (Somewhere in the future.) It's so wonderful to get to meet with you here again, here in the future, we always knew you were coming. Is there anything that I can do to make you more comfortable right now? This can't be easy for you. This is a very strange place that no one else has ever told you about before. You may have read about these parts in a book some where, some time, some how that you can't quite remember. But it all seems so familiar, as if you knew. We were planning for you to be able to get back with us again, eventually. How did we know? Was it the boredom? Was it loneliness? Was it that damn endless longing and hunger that led you back to us, here again?

                  I have told you a story, half asleep, that I knew you would partly understand. But I also knew you had to be trusted. You had to decide for yourself that you wanted to remember. I did not want to startle you. I knew that if you were told what to expect, you might not believe you'd be able to go through all that you needed to do. So, instead I gave you a spoiler alert so you could hear the story, enjoy the drama and still not know, the story is about you. You are the medium, the message, you are the maestro. If I had told you exactly what was going to happen in a way that you believed, you would never have come back. Isn't there enough heartache in the world without depriving people of freewill. Deterministic prognostication is at best just more bad art. So I made you a better psychic mousetrap, so you too, might get swept up in the gentle path beaten to my door. I really do love you. Please, if you can, be well. And if when you are ready, remember yet a present, I loved you all the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?