Thursday, March 6, 2014

Loving my Ghost of Gretchen



                   Gretchen is a spirit I found living in the soul of a beloved friend. I love them both, but were I serious about trying to talk to Gretchen I would be disrespecting my friend. My friend has slipped away again, I could tell she was getting tired of me. I want that she reads this and knows that I am truly sorry for being insensitive, she does not belong to me.
 
                   Gretchen is a matriarch of profound strength and intelligent beauty, as is my friend. She may never find this. But I know Gretchen can hear my heart calling. How can we be apart when she lives in me too. Her "Echo" is so deeply imprinted that I can feel her watching me walking across the room, getting out of bed, making my dinner, she is always in my thoughts. Of course I feel bad for my friend, she knows about Gretchen but doesn't understand why I can't miss someone when they are gone. So I am left here alone with the spirit of Gretchen and the "Echo" of my friend, who may never come back this time. My heart aches for the ones I love. How can I miss someone who is always in my heart, thoughts and prayers?