Sunday, March 30, 2014

To Go Where No Language Has Gone Before



                   Hello again, I will be your reader again today. I hope that we have been able to make your journey as enjoyable as possible for you. Beings as our work together entails having us both step outside of the normally mundane, your comfort zones are redefined.

                   As I never really know if a reading is going to be accurate, I like to approach this process with you with respect and friendliness. Any one who watches me work with someone, as a reader or as a therapist, sees me as I see myself. There is always room for change and growth but I'm always willing to admit to being subjective. The abandonment of any pretense of objectivity forces me to work much harder at paying attention to each and every person I am working with.

                   The peculiarities of this kind of directed attention qualifies me as a working transitional intimate. I make rather tasteless fun of the fact that my job is a little like prostitution, namely, the more I charge, the more money I make. I don't really care that much for money itself. But I am acutely aware of my desire to get paid well for an honest living. I often get rid of customers by slashing my prices. Every one wants to be recognized, and some people already have a gross sense of entitlement. If I don't play the money game, egotists are repulsed. I've lost more than a couple of good friends from not kissing butt. Yes, they really were my friends, good people of solid character. And yes, they are egotists, and yes, they judge my so very harshly when I don't play hard to get. Their loss. I don't miss people, I lovingly let them go.

                    It's interesting that the final frontier lies just outside the realm of attachment.