Thursday, March 27, 2014

Test Post # 12 Boundaries of Your Dyad




Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Boundaries of Your Dyad


                         Having great reception is a lot like being a concessioner. A "Transactional Analysis or "Games Theory" allows for modeling human relations as business. Mutual benefit is at the core of all intentional dyads. (Dashboard Dictionary;

                           dyad |ˈdīad|
                           noun technical
                           something that consists of two elements or parts : the mother–child dyad.
                           • Mathematics: an operator that is a combination of two vectors.
                           • Chemistry: a divalent atom or radical.)

                         My common process of writing means after I leave the house I know what I want to write next. Next day I wait until I can see the point of what I forgot over night.

                         As stated in, "Turning to Face Your Sensitive Boundaries" May 25th, 2013, I talked about how people see differences as boundaries and barriers. These can be differences of; age, status, gender, politics, religion, language. Almost anything can seem like an insurmountable boundary, keeping people apart unable to communicate.

                         Yet, as stated, we can look at said boundary as contact. Not just one surface of separation,  but we are also seeing two sets of points of connection. Those differences act as a topological duality. Experiences and differences between different people have a language unique to each and every two people.

                         Taoism allows for a dynamic model. Communication between polarities in the most simple way means, a communicator and reception. This type of simplistic modeling over generalized is the cause of so much misunderstanding. Sexism has exploited gender politics. The male brain is not well known for linguistic sensitivity. Men through history have feared and reviled women as the source of original sin. Being not only the source of life but also the vessel of all that is tempting, has been blamed on women, as if women were innately evil.

                         Fortunately, when we talk with each other, our polarities can reverse. If I talk, you might listen. When you need to communicate, I can listen. If communication is a charge dynamic, then listening is positive reception. It's not about gender per se. It is more common with the female brain, that you will see women listening and talking simultaneously. With age, I can do this a little. But my brain has freakishly good reception for a guy. And although I must never try to multitask (one track mind,) listening is my luxurious privilege.

                         As an active communicator, I never let anyone waste my time. I believe in the sacredness of a receptive audience. I so don't want to waste your time either. Taking the initiative means I almost never expect others to understand most of what I say or do, no matter how much I want to be understood. But I do try to always make good sense.

                         Having great reception is a lot like being a concessioner. A "Transactional Analysis or "Games Theory" allows for modeling human relations as business. Mutual benefit is at the core of all intentional dyads.