Saturday, March 21, 2015

Discreet closure and the Speculative Arts

Monday, July 1, 2013


                                 

                    Discreet Closure is the means by which we are able to dispense information in it's most compressed and harmless state. I am offering a purely scientific overview of my work.  As I continue to write the blog, it's mood and style changes. Focusing on the less academic aspects of reading may just not hold the appeal that the purely technological data has. I do believe that in the long run this literary exercise is going to have varied audiences with different needs. Ideally I'm going to be able to re collate everything into much more readable formats. As well I am going to be amending the already posted pages with corresponding graphics and diagrams. I'm eager to provide a history of the shifting and evolving subject of science and beliefs. This way with further editing and corrections we will be able to provide a much more comprehensive document. As improvements flesh out this highly speculative work, people who have already read a certain page will be able to have their questions answered simply as a response to the obvious holes in my assertions. "Obscurity is not a virtue." Benoit Mandelbot, "FRACTALS IN NATURE"

                     Discreet Closure is the means by which we are able to dispense information in it's most compressed and harmless state. When the governments of the world observed the lose of intelligence workers to the stress of spying, a great deal of energy has been invested in the allocation and extreme compartmentalization of "information." The only way to provide any level of deniability is to partition everything in a way that gives only limited access to pre designated sensitive agents. Were anyone to know everything that our governments do, have done or intend to do in the future, it would dis incentivize spying altogether. My mom once said, "Snoopy people are the bane of the world." And, "Peoples concerns are for themselves only." I said. "As they should be," Even the best of intentions are at best an enlightened selfishness. I was a precocious child. She softened her assertion by adding that, "If you are snoopy be discreet and don't advertise." (Diplomatic indeed!)

                     I must confess for myself, that as the guy looking at you through the microscope, I want to mind my own business. I live with a kind of protective innocence, namely, right or wrong I don't want or need to pretend I know anything about you. Discretion is the better part of valor. I'm not looking for validation. I prefer working in the dark. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I'm right I don't need or want to know. Let the work speak for itself. There are no objective observers. I enjoy and respect critical thought and if and when my work generates support I suppose that is a kind of validation. But I still don't want to get caught up in the conformational biases of people. I want to get paid. I'm already a really kind empathetic person. I have to be clinical, detached and dispassionate. When you want to waste my time turning the microscope on me, I know you may not know anymore than I do. Saturation is not without functional utility. "Discreet closure is the opt out clause in all contract relations." You don't have to listen to me, but if you do, you should make an appointment just like everyone else.

                     The academic specifics of esoteric reading technologies in blog form, will also be the narrative. We are not designed to absorb or process data without emotion, no matter what people tell you. This is one of the most pernicious problems of government intelligence. Denying peoples feelings leads to burnout. All surveillance is speculative until it is verified. And even then it is subject to review. If we are to consider the diplomatic need for a "complementarity" of human relations we must accept limits on how much a person can know, witness or understand. Perspectives in topology can be thought of as a fiber bundle space, with moving lines of view. As motion is in continuity, there is the paradox of relative objectivity, when it comes to observing and studying people. And again, please people, Be Discreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?