Saturday, March 28, 2015

Heuristics and Algorithms in Psychic Reading Technologies {Post #3}


                   I take great pleasure in watching the behavior of the market research algorithms used to target advertising over the web. I only use you tube for music, math and science. The ads are targeted toward my preferences profiled from all three of my browsers although I rarely overlap any one browser's specific use. I never use the web for searches. Similarly, my g + account grasps nothing of the real content of my blogs, when it tries to tag me. I love the music I get to hear now and I resultantly post the links to G+. As much as I complain about the arbitrary nature of the quirks designed into almost all over engineered software, sometimes the interactive elements of the lower layers of processing entertain me to no end. I believe that the notion of "Usability" is the biggest hoax ever, perpetuated by the "Economy of Scale" and the "Locking In" of the masses in consumer marketing, I understand the real problems confronting the interactions of business departments with design technicians. This is in fact where almost all the problems of mass marketing result. We should want to be able to believe in what we are buying. But when we look at business in terms of a heuristic, (Games Theory) we come up against that inevitable threshold of uncertainties, compounded by the urgency of greed.

                   Point is, market research algorithms try to approximate my customer potential, by trying to predict what I may want to buy. (Sounds like just another psychic to me.) I too am always guessing at what a client may want to hear from me, fully aware of all the moral hazards that accompany psychic reading, intuitive diagnostics and the speculative arts in general. As much as I have already written on the subject of business consultation, I as of yet have little awareness of how many of my clients and readers truly understand what it is I have been talking about. Making comparisons between something as low rent and throw away as psychic reading with the other high dollar speculative arts like diagnostics, systems analysis, medicine, law, economics, science and worst of all politics, has made me the "Web Pariah." I am confronted with the horrible moral crisis that every ethical consultant should have to consider, and yet I'm supposed to be the fatuous lightweight. Uncertainties abound in the worlds of business, medicine, the sciences, law, finance, and again worst of all, "That dark art of Politics." There are no guaranties, and most of the time you don't even get your money back. You will never have that problem with me.

                  One of the main reasons I am despised by most so called psychics is that I don't pretend to be psychic. I am an artist. I work with checklists, processing loops, palettes, and many more ways of departitioning nonfinite memory. (I still find it amazing that my blogger software likes to tell me that there is no such word as departioning, as if it was an authoritative arbiter on the correct usage of spelling in grammar.) Contrary to popular prejudice, being deemed correct need not ever be the same thing as being truthfully honest, or right. In procedural analysis often times we may want to see the barriers to understanding removed. Resultantly, "We may speak truthfully, but are not heard." That is not the fault of heuristics. Man is not a "Rational Thinking Machine," we must also understand how we are individually stroked. This fine art of understanding may not be reducible to an algorithm. I feel we may have covered this topic for today. Thank you for your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?