Friday, December 20, 2013

Falling Up, Aspiration and Desire



                   I believe that because of my radical religion I must be willing to apologize and admit to being wrong, Sometimes.

                   I have probably offended everyone equally. I apologize to all the Buddhists and Hindus for saying that there is no law of karma if it is arbitrarily directed at INNOCENT CHILDREN. "No child is ever born with bad karma." I probably also owe the Jews, Christians and Moslems apologies too, for saying, "There is no personal Devil!" People tend to want to believe that their God is personally theirs or that God is for them, that they are somehow important. I say what we really need is faith. Faith to abandon the old bigotry and popular prejudices when they stop being relevant.

                   Desire of and by itself is just a point of departure. I don't want you to have to believe me, I want for you to decide for yourself and if you choose to go to church or mass or temple or mosque, I support you. I believe, you have in fact much more to offer others than you will ever get to take away for yourself. And that's not about you or me.

                   Everyone knows of someone who has confessed to having doubts. Desire is just the ground from which we aspire. The term "Spirituality" may be a little bit of a misnomer. How can one grasp the wind. When we speak of our "Spirituality" we are usually talking about our religion. Religion, of and by itself, is where we get the fundamentals of our shared cultural faith. But as is expressive of our aspirations, religion is a point of departure into the unknown. Not the destination. It is the means to the end, not the end itself.

                   My teacher once said, "You think that if you are able to think something up, that that means someone else will think it up too." I wish this was true. But if Steve was right, you too may be capable of original thought, (much to the contrary of popular prejudice). And we are deluding ourselves if we think we aren't needed. We are needed to understand. Needed to communicate. Needed to find our voices. We are needed, we just aren't that individually important. This is why I don't believe in personal karma or original sin. Not everyone is equally selfish and "An injury to one is an injury to all." People often say, "It must be God's will, or you will be rewarded (punished) in your "Next" life. I"m sorry, I don't buy it.

                   Core Concept of "A NEW HISTORY" requires that I challenge the tyranny of "Authoritation By Proxy." Just cause someone told you what to believe, or what is believed by someone else, doesn't make it true. I just want to show you how shifting opinions and the revolutions in popular beliefs are a social dynamic. I documented this most effectively in the first hundred posts. But one of the biggest challenges of making a blog interesting is writing for a discriminating audience. The purely technical elements of psychic reading technologies appeals to one type of readership. The mathematical modelings of the multivariate statistics appeals to another marginalized group. The historical documentarian essays on the religious practice of epic poetry appeals to another very esoteric and eccentric sub group. There is NO #HASH TAG for ideational innovation.

                   I send this up to the dreams. Up into the ethers, I send my apologies to desire.