Thursday, December 5, 2013

More on the "Mutually Inclusive Double Negative Opinion Bias"


                  This six word term, "Mutually Inclusive Negative Double Opinion Bias" was first posted in 2009 as part of, "My Interview With A Psychic." <ppireadings.blogspot.com> Session #2. I was intending to describe the way people with conflicting opinions sometimes share popular prejudices for essentially the same reasons. Atheistic "Rational Positivists" like to think all Psychics are phony and dangerously deluded. Christians, Moslems and Jews often give me the same attitude for essentially the same reasons. The concern is about "Ignorance, Insanity and Corruption" often exploited by demagogues and cult leaders throughout history. Irony being however, they often don't even see the commonality of their shared (though understandable,) prejudice against psychics. This is one of the things that turned me on to "Complementarity." People who conflict on so much, often share common illusions based on shared common objections in spite of antagonism. We need great diplomacy and tact when we confront these popular, but mutually incorrect opinions.

                   My friend Bill who had interviewed me, once asked of his bank management trainees, "Do we tolerate intolerance?" The correct answer is always no! But in the case of the understandable intolerance that most people have toward Psychics, it is still a matter of debate that reflects changing traditional cultural dynamics. It's not just about intellectual bigotry. If you read yesterdays repost on "Echo Imprinting" you saw my earlier work explaining my core principle of echo imprinting which for all of us is usually unconscious. This is actually a very apt concept, explaining our latent intelligence imprinting all of the distinctive identification variables. We sometimes can be made aware of these perceptions, but usually without our conscious knowing. The sound of a persons voice, the look of their eyes, their subtle distinctive smell, their style, movements and mannerisms. Etc. When I'm looking at someones hands, signature handwriting or doing massage therapy, each persons distinctiveness impresses itself into my awareness, imprinting on me without conscious intent. I don't expect people to understand what I am doing. I have inside information about each and every individual person.

                    I'm not surprised when I'm confronted by peoples understandable intolerance, pro and con, coming from both extreme and conflicting camps. I've made bringing my work to the general public a call to duty. I believe that if I am able to displace naive prejudices about psychics pro and con, I may also write a profitable best selling book. Such high goals, though seemingly unrealistic, are not so far fetched when considering societies ever shifting opinion biases. Doctors now days are far more curious about my work in diagnostics and applied healing.

                    I suspect my friends comment on "Session #2. if I catch his drift is to point out that much of the confusion about such strong opinions is that, just because something (Like Psychic Reading,) isn't always good, doesn't mean that it is always bad. This is why I always advocate for a little diplomacy when it comes to such controversial practices. I've used my best researching and analysis skills to help extricate this complex, historically significant subject from it's husk of popularized prejudices and market biased dis-information. "Enquiring minds want to know?"