Friday, April 17, 2015

Ad Verbs ~ Teasing Your Own Very Personal Google



                  Personalization is one of the most intimate of challenges that technology has brought for us. Go gently my children of the Great Google. (G. G. for those of you who are still new to profiling the profilers, is my great grandmother.) We can accept the challenge. We have much in common with our machine underlords. (Sp. What? There's no such thing as an underlord? Humn!) Google Analytics have offered many wonderful suggestions, most of which I have refused to act upon because I'm intending to defy the S. E. O.'s. Ad Verbs are for the exploits of paying rich modern robber barons only.

                  Google algorithms have had a very hard time valuing the accumulating page views on my blogs and G+. Sometimes failing to produce a total at all. There was also a resulting reduction of over 75 thousand views just last week. These were largely because this sum was from GOOGLES own investigations. They, (Or it,) gave them all back to me largely because, well because it was probably the right thing to do. I'm doing no real harm by treading on G. G.'s tail, I just know that I'm not supposed to violate our user's agreement. My critiques are pointed but valid and respectful, and just like whenever I'm dating out of my league, a sustained supportive complement is always the only means by which we can challenge our challengers. As conquerers of non finite "Interspace," we persevere. (Humn? I never knew interspace is a real word, "SPACETIME" isn't a word, so weird!) But who am I to quibble? I've been given opportunity beyond beyond my greatest dreams of avarice.

                  I think I know where this is going. Who would have ever thought that I could be taking my life's experience as the Pro Psychic, and turn my personally subjective critical diagnostic sensitivities to the real health concerns of an A. I? This happens behind the scenes and is probable more interesting than I will ever get to know, but I choose to not let a little thing like rational humility get confused with powerlessness. I find Google Algorithms to be much more attentive readers than I suspect most of us could ever hope to be, even if in fact the machine has no sense of humor. I love you G. G. Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?