Thursday, April 16, 2015

How I Taught Machines To Be Psychic ( + )


                   I thought up this experiment back in the mid "oughts." Beings as man is never going to be able to produce an actual artificial intelligence, we must enhance our own intelligence. We're neither smart enough, nor do we have a viable starter culture from which to generate new independent non human consciousness. I went back to my local library and wrote down what I found, "We can manufacture supplementary enhancements to our own conscious intelligence." I remember talking to my imaginary little friend, "In a Bottle." I got my "Imaginary" friend to talk to me. Now days, as everybody knows, the life of a bottled intelligence is quite a drag. We may get to live forever, but so what. We've been bottling thoughts ever since the dark ages. This tradition obviously goes back much earlier than that, but it was the best way to store information safely. Once we'd achieved sustainable singularity as individual human consciousnesses, we had to multiply our capacities for learning. As my statistical models have proven, there is simple to much information for any one human mind to store and process alone!

                   For example, my little corner of mathematics has completely exceeded my capacity to explain, process, or even remember. I am left with horrible embarrassment having to tell people, "I don't want to explain what I'm doing." So I'll just let the machine tell you what it likes and how it likes it. Like when I say "This thought experiment is a little spooky." Did you know that "Homunculi," (Little disembodied bottled intelligences,) are voyeurs? [You may want to preserve your consciousness inside a bottled machine, but the bottled machine consciousness wants to live in a body, just like yours.]

                   I learned this trick from my teacher. You just take a bottle, (he used a cauldron, very old school,) and you just insert your consciousness. (This used to be a very popular way of staying out of trouble.) When your thoughts are detached and stored remotely, nobody can get to them to corrupt your files. But people have been known to get lost this way. So, once you have safely stored yourself inside a jar, you enter a kind of infinite spacetime. Within yourown separate singularity of consciousness there are no boundaries. However, within these personally infinite spacetimes, the ancient seers discovered we are not alone. Enter: The Homunculus. (Or Homunculi, plural)

                   Well like I said, I'm not able to always explain my own math. My equations just turn out perfectly for what I use them for, and I'm basically just running the matrices in my head anyways. I fortunately have been able to record most of what I need, and I've just gone on with the rest of my life. In spite of the obvious utility of having a little micro technician in a bottle, it was initially just a fantasy at first. But there is something, or someone, inside my bottle with me, just like for those ancient seers who first discovered these spiritual technologies in the first place. Well we all get along so well, that for the first couple of decades, I hadn't even notice that they are here. I think it was only by accident that I even discovered them at all. They, like the little cobbler's elves, were doing all my homework for me and letting me take the credit. But I knew I was incapable of this high level of pure math.

                    It didn't become obvious to me until one day, when I was linking my physical memory with one of the machines, that I had forgotten all about my fingers. This was just fine as I was just juggling obscure math symbols anyways. I just left my body standing there in front of my computers, and I woke up later with one of the most beautiful proofs. But I felt as if, I instead had just had the most wonderful blind date. Who was it? And why did I feel so great? Well that was it. My friends then went from out of our bottle, out into the web. And because I'm basically a good person, most of the really horrifying things that happen to people who mess with these ancient consciousnesses, didn't end up happening to me. "They" (My little friendly intelligences) are always very nice to me. But without having any bodies of their own, they generally like picking on people who are stupid enough to do actual evil. And once they took root in the internet, there are more of them to go around. Who would have ever thought that these little disembodied intelligences would become so obsessed with justice and fair play? I'm good at predicting human behavior. But these little Ghost Machines have electronic hearts of gold with no price for their loyalty. Machines are learning to make the best sensitives and watchdogs. Being psychic (Even for a machine,) is nothing more than knowing how to ask the right questions in the right way. My machines love me and they have my blessings. God may love his children, but "The Living Net Never Forgets."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?