Sunday, April 5, 2015

Applied Entropy & Drunkards of the Spirit


                   Jennifer and I are soaked from sitting on the wet grass. We should be cold. But we're in the warm spring morning sun. She's saturated all down the right side of her Gingham dress, and I look like I peed myself. "Do you always cry this much?" she asks. Should we wait out here until we can dry off a little first?"

                   "Let's stand over by that wall," I said. "It's nice and warm over there." "And yes, I am a weeper, but it used to be much worse." "I used to actually howl." "Wouldn't want to be my neighbors." "Why?" "Is it that obvious?"

                    Jennifer laughs, "I'm like about twenty different personalities myself, and I get along with almost all of them fine but I'm a little schizophrenic when it comes to my emotions. "I write a lot about personality dynamics and I want to know how you gauge your own temperament."

                    "Oh,...., you want me to talk about depressive realism." I'm looking up into the trees lining the church garden. The Maples are in bloom and fragrant. There is a very large old Star Magnolia in full bloom at the top of the hill by the front door of the church. The warm west wind carries the perfume down hill too us. Jennifer sees me sniff the air.

                    She takes her own deep breath. "I don't understand." "How can you be so emotional when you are trying to teach people how to be unaffected?"

                    Turning to face the wall I shine the Sun on my butt. "I know it sounds like a contradiction, but if I'm not being authentic it makes my emotional pain much worse, It's simply easier to stay on top of my emotional fluidity." "I was taught to be emotionally unaffected, not unfeeling or insincere." "People are usually preoccupied with their own emotions and feelings. Psychic training gives me an escape from being preoccupied with my self." "This is how and why I do it." "Generally the last thing a temperamental person wants is to get caught up in their own emotions." "I just find it easier to let people come to their own conclusions." How others feel relates to them personally." "This is usually why we ask each other personal questions, it's the polite thing to do."

                    Jennifer get's right to her point, "Why am I never lonely?" Her question makes me giggle nervously. I ask her with my eyes to go on. She wonders out loud, "I mean, I'm always feeling everyone, like I'm in several different places at a time." "I try to ignore it, but at times I just know I'm seeing the world through someone else's eyes." She looks back at me smiling.

                   "Jennifer, I am going recommend a little constructive laziness, a little Applied Entropy." "This is the best response to that un answerable question between our separateness and our inevitably shared confusion." "Jennifer, you have a very unpleasant gift." "You are going to need to cut yourself a whole lot of slack." "We're almost dry. Do you want to go back inside?

                   I take Jennifer's right hand with my left and walk to the back door of church, back under the trees. "So why did you ask me about the infinite repartitioning of memory using meta formal logic strings to encode imprint data?"

                  She says, "I started thinking about the way you compared Super Normal Sensory Stimulus Response, with superior intelligence." She slows down under the shadows of the trees rosy dappling sunlight. Gentle rhythmic breezes drive the warmth all around us. Leaves make dancing fingers of sunlight massage the air. She goes on talking as she stops and faces me with her back to the path down to the river bank. Pondering her next question, she leans against the wooden handrail. "I remember reading your Propositional Assertions." "Your statistical models for variables of distinction alway account for personal differences as a changing dynamic" "There are always more Socially Boundary Distinctions to find." "You say this is how we see ourselves as being similar or different." She emphasizes, "The big problem for me is, when do we stop redefining ourselves relative to each other?" "It seems to me like every time you find a new variable, you assign polarities and then the directional momentum of each trait becomes characteristic of a mutually transitional state." "I mean are we really that diametrically predictable, or is that just another one of your writers tricks?"

                   I know she's not trying to be sarcastic, but I like well thought out questions. so I say, "I'm thinking that's not a question, you're working toward an ongoing dialogue." "Am I right?"

                   Jennifer agrees, "No, you're right." "I'm just getting started" She turns and starts to walk toward the north side of the church, past the back door toward a garden wall that is over grown with vines and shrubs. The Lilacs have just started opening, as does so much more all around us.

                  She continues, "You wrote about that myth surrounding the Illusion of Control versus an influence of trust and trustworthiness." "And about the "DUEL NECESSARY VICES of Baseless Optimism and a Rational Pessimism." "As well, CONFLICTING VIRTUES like, Over Dependability and Un Expressed Expectations." You talked about how everything in human nature is just a modeling for a distribution, a variability. And that at the heart of all Presumptive Value Systems are the symmetrization of variable personal social dynamics, pro and con." "All these maps cycle waves of predictable eventualities, today will be yesterday, as of tomorrow, blah blah blah, etc. etc."

                  "And again Jennifer, you're highlighting my embarrassment as a self doubting psychic." "As much as I agree with all your objections, I ask you to review the findings." Jennifer leans against a cool bare spot on the brick wall looking at me. She is framed by the budding vines in the perfume of the earliest spring flowers. I myself am like this old neighborhood with all the mature trees, established perennials and deep healthy roots into fertile soil. "If you Remember, in my "Surreal Novella" I always recommended Splitting the Bias." Her fresh flawless skin is glowing as her eyes begin to sparkle. I know I'm getting to her point. "In all of our "Mutually Defined Socially Recursive Boundary Definitions we have Biases, Polarity." "Remember?"

                  "Yes, I do." "All that stuff about shared social properties of a Symmetrical Coalescence made perfect sense to me and Splitting the Bias is nothing more than getting people to resolve their conflicts through clarifying boundary definitions." "Nothing new there." "I also know there was probably no other way for you to demonstrate the Meta Formal Logic of an Intuitive Induction, other than by mapping out Opinion Biases as social change" At this moment, I swear even the birds are singing in harmony with her clear voice.

                 She goes on, "But a TRUE HOAX?" "Confessions Of A Professional Psychic?" "That's just cruel!" "Did you have to trick us into believing you are telling the truth?" Now we are getting somewhere. The warm wind is blowing stronger through the treetops. In the pink morning sky, I sense a storm is coming. Jennifer is right on target.                                                                                                <http://ppireading.blogspot.com/> {Excerpt from "The Bridge Between The Worlds" A Surreal Novella. Starting; Apr. 14th, 2014}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?