Monday, April 6, 2015

You Are The Moon In My Life Apr. 14th, 2014


                   From the Sunbeam shining in the church basement window I am drawn to the sounds of soft crying outside in the garden behind the church. I quickly run back through the dining room, up stairs out through the hall behind the stage out the backdoor. I turn to my right and there leaning on the wet grass is Jennifer in her bare feet. As my own eyes are still trying to focus through my own tears, I notice the dewdrops sparkling in the morning light. I feel strangely relieved to see her. We are enclosed by the church and a green wooded bank sloping down to a river I cannot see, but can hear.

                    "Jennifer are you alright," I ask. I'm surprised 
I'm still holding my Coffee and Croissant. I pass them to Jennifer in order to sit down cross legged. "Would you like a bite?"

                    Without looking up she says, "I don't want you see me like this." "I don't understand why I get this way." She looks up at me and sees my tear soaked face and slowly starts to smile, and even giggles a little bit. She is every bit radiant. "Oh I'm sorry Phillip, you know exactly what I'm talking about." For a moment I'm seeing myself through her eyes again and I'm a little upset but happy at the same time. I try to look away but then I remember, I'm here to find other active readers.

                     So I ask, "Jennifer?" "You mentioned you thought you may be another me." "What did you mean?"

                     She starts, "All my life, I've been living in at least two different places at a time." "I have this strange awareness of other people as if I'm never alone." "I'm often more aware of what others feel than I am of myself." "Add in all these other strange phenomena that you and I have based our whole careers on, and well, Phillip?" "What is happening to us?"

                     Without intending I shift my weight over to her right side and we hug. Leaning toward each other we are both shivering from emotions we're sharing. I feel silly, but I am completely helpless to steer the conversation to what is obvious. Jennifer might be right. We could be simultaneous incarnations of the same consciousness, existing in separate bodies.

                     "Jennifer?" I say, "For the time being, let's play this down." "I'm afraid I know all too well what you are talking about." I'm starting to see a delicate play of diamond patterned NADA colorfully dancing in the sparking droplets on the grass, on her face, in her eyes, in her hair, and in the air all around us. It is Kriyas. "If you are right, you could be someone that I've been in silent contact with all my life." "I don't want this getting out." "This in fact may be one of those things that isn't really important, and it's definitely not anyone else's business." "At this point I'm just glad I get to meet you." "Every dream I've ever had is flashing before me, right now." "I have arrived."


                     She sniffles and laughs. She is observably relieved. "I don't know. I suppose you're right, what is there to do." "I guess I'm happy just knowing that what I'm seeing is something I get to share with someone. But I still feel like I'm supposed to be doing something." "How many people like us do you think are out here?" "This isn't something like a cold like you could catch from somebody, is it?" What a frightening thought.

                      I am so taken aback by seeing the world through her eyes, her body, her personality, that I totally forgot myself, right now. In between us is a sunburst. A glowing consciousness of being is shining in one single light. The world disappears.

                     "Phillip?" "Are you alright?" except the words come of my mouth. My eyes focus and we look at each other and both start laughing. I say, "I probably need some more sleep." She picks up my coffee and hands it back to me. It's gone cold but it's still tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anybody out there?