Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Gearing Up For Functionality



                   I hate traveling especially for these kinds of business trips. Everyone is gettting so used to having me give sound perspectives on matters of import, that I never have much room to tell the "Whole Truth" anymore.

                   I log in on my mobile web film, Leslie already hooked up to Brussels, so I barely have time before Gunter is shrieking in my ear about how the trolls at Oraca have taken out restraining orders on all InterSpace employees for supposedly harassing their latest crop of converts, namely the abducted web designers. The wigs at InterSpace made the mistake of saying that they weren't interested in their "X" employees as much as they wanted to sue their retired workers for breech of contract. The issue was one of intellectual property rights. But those social apps were labors of pure love and there is some question of whether the designers could be sued for what in fact are matters of purely aesthetic choice.

                   Gunter wanted to link me in directly to talk with Gretchen who was now the titular head of Oraca this year. But I knew this was one conference call I would have to make in person. Gunter just wanted to hide behind me while he would lob threats and insults at Gretchen. He knows Gretchen was instrumental in helping me to compute the variables of usability in my first versions of the "Mutual Support Profiling Apps." Were it not for the fact that I had had successful working relations with both of these alpha types, I would not have let them steer me into the line of fire. I love Gunter for his timid yet unrelenting lust for power. I also always crushed on Gretchen for her dramatic ambitions and unapologetic righteousness.  Why I always end up around these power crazed geniuses I don't know. I'll spare you the personal details about my relations with both of them for now. Suffice it to say they also have unfinished business with each other. Yuck.

                  It'll be good to see both of them, but not at the same time. I tell Gunter I'm not going through with conference calling with the two of them as I know they have both lawyered up. And there is no reason to go after each other when they both have valid issues that should be handled delicately. Gretchen would love to catch Gunter in a liable suit. And Gunter well, He wants his precious employees back, hopefully with their souls in one piece. The one major valid complaint about Oraca's "Confidence Game," is that once someone experiences the giddy rush of going through a systematic reversal of temperament, most people don't want to go back to playing nicely with others.

                  I calm Gunter's hysteria and tell him I'll be on the first plane cross the puddle.