Saturday, November 23, 2013

Waiting on the Big One



                   The only reason I had developed the Psychic Personality Inventory, was because I observed the "Styles of Evasion" cycle, which became one of my signature analytic models. It mirrors so perfectly the most practical elements of everyones pet cult. I was doomed to success. I tried so hard to remain anonymous. By revealing the functional necessities for cults and religion, I have become the darling of the recovery movement.

                    Here I sit paralyzed in Vera's lounge of torture somewhere in the future, or is it the past. With the moon setting, the city sings a dirge. She has my at her mercy. The truth has always been my weakness. I was such a phony, and now I'm looking back at myself, sitting in that chair, remembering back to those stories that I wrote, that ended up coming true. And, and ......, I don't know. Have I done more harm than good?

                    "What are you doing here, seriously, Why are you here? Vera asks.

                    I am numb. I have always doubted myself even when I am most precise. Why should I pretend to be objective now? "You have me at a disadvantage Vera." "I thought I'm here on a routine extraction, but you could throw me off of this balcony right now and I don't think I can resist the temptation to help." "I don't know you." "What do you want from me?"

                   "I want you to go back to your own time and stop writing about us." "I want you to stop helping." "Once you got us all to lower our expectations our lives turn out so much better." "But at what cost?" "None of us are married, we don't have children." "We work without expectation of reward or approval." "And for what? So you can tear down the barriers to understanding, that keep separating people?" "God I hate you." By this time Vera is hovering over me like an angry disciplinarian.