Wednesday, November 6, 2013

3.) Transactional Analysis / Using Screening and Feedback



                   In the strategies of applied Games Theory we use Screening and Feedback as regulatory mechanisms for the optimization of potential payoffs. These deal with a variability of available information. I know things that I want to look out for, thus I screen people to avoid unwanted business. You know things I don't know, this is when I'm going to want to get feedback. Information in this situation is a factor for the regulation of exchanges. As this invariably comes back to the utility of Mutual Benefit, we must consider abandoning our addictions to self importance as a modality of power. My only justifiable argument with Games Theories is with it's pretense of superior perspective.

                    In the world of psychic consultation, my only real power is the acute awareness of the "Moral Hazards," of my expertise in the esoteric. I may in fact have considerable experience with the types of Probabilistic Density Matrices that allow me an exceptionally high level of "confidence" constructing hypothetical assertions. At best however these are still just predicted probabilities, no matter how accurate. Were I to assume that I could always prescreen everyone, or that I could always except everyones criticism, I would really be deluding myself. I can't tell you how often people are disappointed with me for not feeling attached to them during their transferences of unresolved emotions. As I've said, clients often confuse my understanding and recognition with personal love. Add the fact that I don't need or want reassurance anymore. I am doing my job correctly. Now maintaining mutual benefit demands an utter detachment on my part. (Feedback? No thank you.) In my family, we had an "Acrid Empathy." When they cared about me they never encouraged me to confuse my suffering with a potential payoff. Mom would say things like, "Hypochondria kills." I care about people. I don't care about their problems.

                    I write this here now to illustrate the limitations of any strategic mindsets. I find it is often much more appropriate to think in terms of essential tact than it is to try to mimmic appearances of authority or power. Generally when I find that a client is having unrealistic or inappropriate expectations of me as a care provider, I have the responsibility of letting that person down easy. My own personal distaste for the abuse of Games Theory or even worse Positivism really is my problem. Knowing this however frees me from trying to masquerade as an authority on any subject other than the fine art of psychic reading. Irony being, I really am an unbelievably kind and gentle person, who just happens to be able to figuratively crush people with my "Beautiful Mind." The father of Games Theory, John Nash, is probably trying to claw his way out of his grave right now.